40

3rd June 2021

Y/N

USA, California, Los Angeles

Ethan's Place

"So, Y/N welcome to my humble abode,"

My haw drops and sight is filled with an endless view of the city. A maximalist living room. Scents like the perfumes of Arabia fill my nose. Wooden stairs to his bedroom. An island in the kitchen, pots and pans hanging from the ceiling rack.

"Woah, humble is the last word I'd use," I let go of my stuff in the mini wardrobe filled with backpacks, jackets, hoodies, Coats, Some shoes.

Ethan smiles runs his hand through his medium-length mixed dyed hair. Black and faded brown running in streaks. Falling over his soft features.

He waddles over to the kitchen and takes out a notebook from one of the cupboards and flips through it.

"You can sit down," He says chuckling while taking out a metal bowl, Pastel blue cordless electric whisk, copper measuring spoons and cups.

I smile and look around to the living room where a beige cloth sofa looks onto a large flatscreen TV. Sitting down, I heave out a sigh and turn to face Ethan in his deep focus on baking and cooking.

"You're staying with me in the guest room until I check out my place in the hills,"

"The hills?" He stops and makes a face pouting his lips and widening his eyes.

"Beverly Hills,"

My jaw drops and I start blinking trying to understand how he has a Penthouse in L.A. And a place in Beverly hills.

Ethan laughs at my face and I place my hand on my chest in offence. "You have a place in Beverly Hills and a Penthouse in L.A."

"Y/N, this is my place. The one I bought. With my money. The place in Beverly Hills... It was... My past boyfriend's. Not mine. Well, mine. But inherited," He explains stopping almost to think and take in what he said.

"Oh, I'm sorry-. You never said anything,"

"Yeah, Just found a way to cope," He sniffs the batter in the bowl and then heavily smells the air. Why does this place smell so much like perfumes?

We sit in silence and I take in how Ethan looks. He has such a young face, yet he's in his mid to late 30s.

"Anyways, you and Tom are quite inseparable. How did he react to this?" Ethan breaks the silence and places the tin in the oven.

"Quite well, I told him literally the day before I left," I say getting up and walking over to the big glass pane windows. Looking out to the city.

Ethan has such good taste in so many aesthetic things.

"Oh wow. I thought it'd be more difficult than that. Well, you are going to be staying in Kade's place in the Hills,"

"His name was Kade. A boyish name-"

"Suited him a lot. Oh, he would've bloody adored you. You two would get along so well it'd be funny." He laughs and goes through his fridge taking out berries of all sorts.

"Why do you think that?"

"How would you two not? Two people who wanna be young forever. Love eating berries and fruits. A sweet green-eyed, pearly white-toothed, suit-wearing, golden blonde haired..."

"His love was like a drug. It was dangerous. All my friends hated it. But they loved to see the way it made me numb," Ethan finishes, smiling and passes me a bowl of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Drizzles melted dark chocolate over it in quick streaks.

A smile rushes to my face and I take a spoon and take a spoonful.

His hazel brown eyes shimmering with happiness, he rolls them shrugging it off, "What about Tyler?" Ethan enquires, checking the timer on his phone before we both sit on the sofa.

"He lives here in California. He's from California. He was fine with it. I mean he's just a model who I have a history with. And now I and Tom have a history with. But to be honest they were all fine with it. No problems," I explain enjoying the sweet and sudden bittersweet from the dark chocolate bowl of berries.

"Mmh. You have quite the luck with love. Two fricking beautiful men in your hands and life. Are you gonna call Tom later today?" He rubs his temples just as the timer goes off and he hops up grabbing oven mitts.

"Yup. That's if I'm awake,"

"Good. Anyways these muffins are ready. Have some. They help with the jet lag and new environment," Taking one out with a knife, onto a plate sliding it over to me.

"I've had muffins twice in the last 4 days,"

"No worries. Good to treat yourself every now and then," Ethan takes one and eats it himself and I eat mine.

Clouds move over around the windows of the penthouse.

We can roll in the clouds.