A Descendants Christmas (Part 2)

Now that it was officially December, the Christmas season was in full blast. More than it already was, of course. Evie had been working day and night to fulfill all of the orders that seemed to be coming in at an endless rate, she had never worked so hard with her business but she was making more money than ever! She looked across the room and at the clock to check the time, when she saw it was after 3 o'clock she immediately set her work aside and rushed to get her things so she could leave. She was supposed to meet Audrey and the rest of the decorating committee in the ballroom at Ben's castle where they would be decorating said ballroom for the Christmas Eve Ball.

She rushed out of the dorm as fast as she could for she was already running late and needed to get there fast. It was a good thing the castle wasn't terribly far from Auradon Prep, and with all the snow and ice patches all over the road she couldn't exactly drive too fast either. So by the time she got there Audrey was quite upset, and not just by Evie being late but from all the people who kept messing up when she had given them clear orders.

"Evie where have you been? We started at 3:00 sharp!" Audrey told her.

"I know Audrey, I lost track of time. You know how busy I've been from all the orders." Evie replied as she entered into the ballroom. "Now what can I do?"

"Well, we still need to get the Christmas trees. Maybe you can go out and get them, Ben suggested we get real trees this year, apparently he wants the smell of pine wafting through the air in here." Audrey informed as she checked her clipboard for tasks that still needed to be done. "I'll get Jay to go with you. JAY! GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE!"

Jay ran over to her after he heard her scream his name. "Right here babe."

"Great, now I need you to go with Evie to get 12 to 14 Christmas trees. So run along and be back within 2 hours." Audrey all but commanded them. "Jane, Lonnie! What did I tell you? Spread all the mistletoes around the ballroom!"

"But Audrey, there's literally 52 mistletoes in here, we can only spread them out so much." Jane tried telling the princess.

"Yeah, was it really necessary to get so many of them?" Lonnie asked.

"Yes! The whole kingdom comes to this ball, everybody loves the mistletoe so they can kiss their significant other. It's only the most romantic part of the holiday and so we can't have them try to crowd under only one mistletoe. Now spread them out!" She yelled out again causing the two girls to roll their eyes and do what they had been told.

"Let's get going now." Jay said to Evie before they quickly left the castle and headed to the nearest Christmas tree farm.

"I'm honestly really glad she sent us out. I can only handle so much of Audrey bossing everyone around and then getting frustrated by everything." Evie said to Jay with a slight laugh in her voice as they drove along.

"Yeah me too, I mean I love her and all but she can get to be a little much." Jay admitted to her.

"I know what you mean. But at least we get to do something that's pretty fun."

"Oh yeah, we get to pick out some Christmas trees, so much fun!" Jay sarcastically responded.

"Oh come on now, it'll be fun!"

"One Christmas tree could be fun, but 12? I'm not so sure."

"Well let's see, cause we're here." Evie said as they pulled into the parking lot of the Christmas tree farm.

"Alright, well lets do this I guess." Jay said as they got out of his truck and went to go pick out those Christmas trees.

"That's the spirit!" Evie patted him on the back.