In My Wildest Dreams

Evie couldn't help but stare at the image of her and Ben that she had right in front of her. She had had these feelings for as long as she could remember, but it still didn't feel right. And she couldn't forget about Mal either. They had only recently broken up and she was sure that it would be too soon for her to confess her true feelings for Ben.

But still, it was getting harder to keep hiding her feelings from everyone including Ben, Mal, and her now ex, Doug. Her feelings were the reason for her breakup and she couldn't even tell him then. She sighed as she then put the photo down and went into her workroom to try and get some more work done that she had been meaning to do for a while.

And it was then that Mal entered the room and leaned against the doorframe. "Hey E." She spoke.

Evie looked up and smiled a little upon seeing her best friend standing there. "Oh hey M. What's up?"

Mal shrugged as she made her way further into the room. "Not much I just thought I'd check up on you." Evie nodded as she glanced back down at her work in front of her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course." Evie quickly lifted her head back up as she responded. "Why do you ask?"

"You just don't seem like yourself."

"I'm fine, m."

Mal slowly nodded still not completely convinced but just decided to let it go. "I guess I'll just let you keep doing that then." She spoke as she turned around to walk out.

"Mal.." Evie called out, stopping her from leaving.

"Yeah?" Mal asked as she turned back around to face her.

Evie closed her eyes unsure if she should tell her or not. She didn't know if Mal would hate her or not, and she didn't want to risk losing Mal as her best friend.
"Nevermind."

"Oh..okay." Mal slightly glanced down at the ground before walking out. She knew Evie was acting strange but that definitely confirmed it.

Evie sighed after Mal left. She hated keeping something like this from her but at the same time she didn't know if could ever tell Mal the truth.

***

The more time that passed, the harder it was for Evie to face Mal when she knew what she was hiding her. She could hardly even look her in the eyes anymore when they spoke.
And as she walked down the hallways of Auradon Prep she was hardly paying attention to her surroundings, and before she had any time to react she found herself on the ground after colliding with someone.

"I'm so sorry!" She cried out while trying to pick up her things before whoever she had come in contact with bent down to help her.

"Evie? Are you okay?" She heard Ben's voice ask.

"Ben?" Evie lifted up her head to look into his green eyes.

Ben smiled a little as he gazed into hers as well. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you or knock you down."

"No, its ok Ben. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention."

Ben smiled a little as he handed her the last one of her books that she had previously dropped. "Here you go."

"Thanks." Evie replied as she then stood back up to her feet. Ben did the same as he kept his gaze fixed on her. "I um I should go."

"Evie wait." Ben stopped her from leaving. "I hope things aren't weird between us. I know that me and Mal aren't together anymore, but I would still like us to be friends."

Evie sighed as she took a step back over towards him. "No things aren't weird." She told him.

"Ok good. Cause um, I can't help but feel like we've kinda shared this thing since..I don't even know when to be honest." Ben revealed to her.