Chapter 5.

As soon as I got home, I popped into the shower and thought about my day. The drive here was silent between me and Tiff. She didn't seem bothered by it so I didn't let it bother me.

Six thirty. Half an hour to fix myself and tell George about everything. I hope he will hear me out. My journal. I can write it all down and give it to him. He'll understand. Won't he?

I dropped the towel from around my body and grabbed my panties and black stockings, slipping them on. My bra that pushed my breasts up to show off their size. Red top, leather jacket, black skirt, black heels. Lipstick, eyeliner, mascara. Loose wavy hair hanging over my shoulders. Perfume and purse essentials. It's not easy being a girl I'll say that much.

By the time I finished the clock read six fifty-five. I grabbed the journal out of my purse and hurriedly made my way downstairs, sitting at the table. Pen in hand, writing quickly, explaining work, what happened with Peter, how I met Tiffany, how I wanted to have a girls night out on my birthday. How I hope he understands.

I jumped when I heard a car horn outside. She's early. Grabbing my purse I slung the journal inside and walked out, locking the door. She poked her head out of the familiar red vehicle.

"Hey there! Looking good." She teased. I blushed and thought about leaving the journal. But I didn't. Instead, I got in the vehicle, giggling as she pulled her sunglasses off to look me over.

"Wow. You look amazing." She blushed. I felt my own face turn red.

"Thanks Tiff. You look good yourself."

I had to admit. She was a knockout. Her hair pinned up exposing her neck and shoulders. Her tight white top see through enough to show her black bra. Pencil skirt and fishnet stockings with heels similar to mine. Her dark red lips full.

"I figured we could get there early before the crowd gets bigger. I hear these guys that are playing tonight are pretty good and aggressive."

"Yeah? What are they called?" I asked.

"I forgot. But they put on a hell of a show. You know any musicians?" She asked.

I sighed and stared out the window as she drove. "Peter."

She scoffed. "It figures. Most musicians are fuckin arrogant bastards. Gorgeous, but bastards."

I laughed. "I dunno I guess I just want to be a part of it you know? I love Rock N Roll so much. To be with a band. See it all unfold...have fun. Be carefree and young. Stupid but be happy. Instead...."

"That's how it should be Molly. You're a sweet girl and an amazing listener. You can have anyone and you chose someone like Peter? The music scene should be fun not miserable! The gigs, rock n roll, partying, dancing, drinking..."

"The sex." I added.

"I mentioned Rock 'N Roll." She smirked. I giggled and pulled out a cigarette, nodding one to her. She took it and placed it between her lips inhaling as I lit it for her. We rolled down the windows, put on the radio and giggled as Elvis sang through the speakers.
....

The club already had a large line. I couldn't help noticing a majority of them were girls. The bouncers only allowing a few people in at a time. It was seven thirty-five now. The show began at eight.

"We'll never get in on time." I pouted.

"Come on, I know how we can get past them." She smiled, holding a fresh new cigarette and grabbing my hand. Leading us to the front of the line.

"Evening fellas. Got a light for us?" She asked innocently.

The two men hurriedly fumbled with their lighters, holding the flame up to her cig. She inhaled and let the smoke slowly flow out of her lips. She sure as hell made smoking look sexy.

"Thanks." She winked at them. They moved aside and pointed for us to get in. I bit my lip to hide my smile until we walked into the noisy building.

"That was amazing Tiff!"

"Thank you very much. First drinks on me." She grabbed my hand and led me to a small table. We sat and were soon having a waiter hand us a pint.

"Too new friends." I held my glass up.

"New friends." She clinked her glass with mine. We took a long drink and were soon chatting.

"You know, today's my birthday."

She raised her eyebrows. "Seriously?? Why didn't you tell me!?"

"I had a lot on my mind." I laughed.

"Peter bother you since work?" She asked.

"No. I haven't seen him since. To be honest, I was planning on breaking up with him today. I promised myself and a friend I would." I thought of George. What did he think when I never showed? The guilt setting in now.

"Hey." She placed her hand on mine, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Come back."

I looked at her and chuckled. "I'm sorry. I just have lots on my mind."

"Well, let's change that alright? Come on."

She pulled me to the crowd of people standing around the stage. The musicians making their way on. I watched them all in their bad boy demeanor. A few of them were cute I had to say. Tiffany squeezed my arm when she saw one of the musicians look our way. I giggled and blushed.

That's when I saw their guitarist walk on stage. His greased hair. Leather jacket. Guitar around his body. His eyes meeting mine, frozen solid. I couldn't help blushing as he gave a small smile when he realised I wasn't here with Peter. Forgiveness setting in. My heart beating rapidly as he strummed, tuning his guitar.

"Thank you all for showing for us lot. Four pair of blokes with a name. The Quarrymen!"

Everyone cheered including Tiff. My eyes too fixated on my favorite little neighbor.

"Tonight we'll be your entertainment. First off we'll be playing a very dear tune to us all. Cheer if you lot know this one." He said before queing George to go on.

I smiled like an idiot as he played the intro to Rock And Roll music by Chuck Berry. It was always one of my favorites. He knew it. Which is why his eyes were kept on me as I watched in amazement while he played. Tiffany leaning into my ear as she spoke.

"Not bad are they?"

I smiled and looked at her. "Not bad at all."
............