Chapter 19.

Stu was sitting by the large window after our first day at college together, drinking a cup of coffee and doing a sketch in his notebook. The television on some game show as I waited in the large office chair Stu got from a friend a few hours ago. We set it beside the coffee table near the chipped magazine rack. 

"What do you think?" Cynthia asked nervously, walking out of the bathroom with a new outfit on.
..
After classes, I took Cynthia shopping for some new attire. She was reluctant when she saw the clothing I thought would make John drool. But I knew she was desperate, so she let me buy them for her. I even took her down to a lingerie shop in case things worked out tonight. She was shy when it came to this. But I assured her things would be okay.

Stuart wasn't as enthusiastic about going to the club tonight. He told me how John kept his distance and wouldn't so much as glance his way. But I begged him, atleast for Cynthia's sake. He agreed reluctantly. But if things were to get out of hand, we would return home immediatly.
..

"You look amazing Cyn! John will be on his knees begging for you back! Doesn't she look pretty babe?" I asked Stu. He was too busy staring at his sketchbook.

"Yeah. A knockout." He said flatly. I rolled my eyes.

"Ignore him. You look beautiful."

She smiled and looked at herself in the mirror, fixing her red top. Her black jeans making her curved figure more noticable. Her breasts showing just a bit from the low cut top. She kept picking it up in embarrasment. There was a knock at the door as I helped Cyn with her hair.

"The door." Stu yawned, eyes still on his work.

I sighed and walked across the room, opening it. Tiffany smiled.

"You needed a helping hand?" She asked.

"Yes. Tiffany this is Cynthia. Cynthia this is Tiffany. My friend and fellow partner in crime."

"Hello." Cynthia smiled.

"Why hello hello. You're looking stunning. Who's it for?" Tiff put her purse down and walked over, scanning Cyn's body up and down.

"I'm hoping to get someone back."

"Well hun, if he isn't crawling on his knees for you tonight, I sure as hell will." Tiff giggled.

Cynthia turned red but giggled herself. "Thanks."

I looked over as Stu took a sip of his coffee and smiled at me. I blushed.

"It's almost seven. They play in fifteen." Cynthia sighed.

"You all going to the gig tonight??" Tiffany asked happily.

"Yeah. Cyn's John's ex girlfriend. Hopefully by tonight she's his actual girlfriend again." I squeezed Cynthia's arm.

"Ooh I see. Well, Lennon sure has is in for you. He's planning on singing a few love songs I've heard."

"Yeah? We should get there early." Cyn smiled.

"Let me just get my purse and fix my lipstick. Stu you ready??" I asked.

"Yeah. Just say when."

"When." I giggled.

"I'll drive!" Tiffany said as we turned the lamps off and all made our way out the door.
...

Stu bought drinks for all us ladies sitting at his table. Guys just walked by, looking defeated and probably wondering how a guy like Stu managed to get three over excited girls with him. Cynthia picking her top up half the time. Tiffany excited to see Paul. Stu looking tired and a little nervous to be watching the guys perform again.

"I'm glad you agreed to come." I held his hand. He kissed the top of my head.

"It's been awhile since I've been out like this."

"Let's just enjoy it then. Alright?"

"Like a date?" He smiled. I giggled.

"Yes Sutcliffe. A date indeed."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders as I leaned into his body. The guys on stage tuning their guitars. Tiff waved at Paul, receiving one back. George smiled at me and looked relieved to know I was there for support. John looked at all of us, his eyes on me and Stu. But then quickly to Cynthia. He just gazed at her and broke a smile. She blushed and turned away to hide her own.

"Wait a minute. Isn't that Rory Storm??" I pointed out at a group of guys walking in the club. They looked like rock n roll royalty. Their expensive leather jackets. Their suede shoes and new jeans. Their perfectly greased and styled hair. The smell of their cologne as they passed had all us girls swooning.

"Fuck. I'm sure this is goin to put pressure on John." Stu muttered, taking a long drink of his beer.

"We should go up front in the crowd to let them know we support them." Tiff said getting out of her seat. Cyn stood up as well.

"Tiffany's right. The lads can use our encouraging. You lot coming?" She asked.

I looked up at Stu who nodded.

"Let's go."

We all grabbed our things and made our way in the crowd, managing to push to the front. The dimmed lights gave the club a cozy feel.

Stu's arm around my shoulder, a beer bottle in his hand. I smiled as George gave me a glance before John began to speak into the mic to introduce the band and the first song. Then in an instant, they began to play. Their rough sound stood out compared to most local bands. The people's excitement showing they were loving every minute of the band on stage.
..

Everyone was backstage, putting their gear away after the gig. Girls all over the place giggling. Tiffany pulled us along to follow her.

Stu lit a cigarette and handed it to me. I took a drag and handed it back off to him. John putting his guitar away and twirling a cord into a ball. He stopped when he saw us.

"Hiya." Stu said awkwardly.

"You come to watch us or to apologize?" John said, continuing on with putting things away.

"I'm not the one who should apologize. You're the one that went crazy when I told you Molly and I were moving in. You were the one who stopped this friendship. You were the one who hit Cynthia. Looks like you're the one who needs some apologizing to do. I know you're not stupid John. And I also know you're man enough to admit when you're wrong." Stu said, crossing his arms.

I stayed silent, watching the entire thing unfold. John just looked at Stu and after a few seconds nodded.

"You're right. I just don't know why you're on to settling down when were all in this thing together."

"What about you and Cyn?"

John sighed. "I guess it's not different yeah? But were not movin in together and spending every waking moment as one. We give each other space and were off on our own lives." John walked passed us, closing the room door so all three of us were alone.

"I love Stuart John. Whatever you think this may be...I'm not with him for money or some kind of rebound. I genuinly love him. I left the rock n roll scene for him."

"That's just it. You two are changing to damn much for each other!"

"You just don't understand our love John. I know Molly loves rock n roll. I'm sorry I'm not in a bloody band or have enough money to take her to bloody gigs every night. Why can't you just accept us??" Stu said frustratedly.

"Because I wanted her!" John burst out, just as Cyn walked into the room.
.......