Chapter 69.

February 23, 1962

It was Friday night when we landed in London. The smell of rain was strong and the cool air was refreshing. We walked down the airport and to the waiting vehicle around the corner. Sarah and dad got out of the car to help put the luggage in the back. Luckily dad and Stuart took the task while Sarah met her new grandchild.

"Oh he's so precious! I got your picture just last week and, we've already got it framed on the mantel. Come on let's get Liam inside!" She said excitedly, helping me strap him in. Stuart sat on the other side of Liam, making small talk with dad about the weather, traffic and the flight.

"We've kept your room the same Molly." Dad said while making a turn.

"He's so sentimental about it. I tried to clean it up just to vacuum and your father threw a fit cause he thought I was going to change it!"

I giggled. "Awe daddy."

"Let's not get washy now."

Sarah laughed and soon we were parked and heading inside. As usual it smelled like scented candles and the whole look was the same as I had left it. The sitter for Anna came in and told us she was sleeping, then on her way. I took my coat off.

"How big is she??" I asked.

"She's talking and already missing you." Dad laughed. "But for now, let me take a look at my grandson."

Dad picked Liam out of his carrier and smiled. I snapped a photo and kissed dad's cheek.

"I'm so glad your brought him Moll. My baby had a baby of her own it just....you'll always be my little girl." He choked up. I felt tears welling in my eyes as Sarah was already wiping her own tears.

"Oh it's such a beautiful moment." She weeped. Stu chuckled as I wiped my own eyes.

"Stuart was the one who thought of it. And he was right. Our family needs to be together whether we live far away or not."

"Well I'm glad you 'ad some sense talkin our little girl into seein us. I know how hard headed she can be." Dad shook his head.

"Oh I know exactly what you mean." Stu laughed. "I just really want Liam to grow up and know if anything at all ever were to happen, he always 'as family."

I kissed Stu's cheek and held his hand as we watched dad and Sarah baby talk to Liam who gave them his full attention.
....

"How long you guys stayin?" Dad asked as we walked downstairs. Stuart was taking a shower while I let dad put Liam to bed and even read him a story.

"A few days. Maybe a week." I yawned as we headed to the kitchen for some tea.

"How's America?"

"It's great. So much alike but different you know? In a good way. The weather is great. The Village is such a great place to live. I'm pretty excited to raise Liam in such a scene that will build him artistically. It's everything Stuart and I ever wanted for ourselves." I smiled. "I've just been a little homesick and maybe Stu's noticed. He suggested we pack up and come over for a visit after Liam was ready to travel and so, here we are."

Dad sat down and reached for my hand. "Well, I'm glad my baby girl is here."

I blushed and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "You're so sweet daddy." I sat back. "So? Tell me how have things been here?"

He stirred his tea and took a sip. "C'mon Molly. We both know what you're on to."

"What??"

"That Harrison kid next door."