19. Sneak out

The college was over pretty and when Zhan came back home thankfully Yanli was not at home.

He quietly went to his room and sat on his bed, he just hoped that Yanli will ignore his very existence like always.

While he was in his room staring at nothing, he felt someone sitting beside him, "Who is making you think so much?"

Wen Qing asked as she sat beside him, while he just smiled slightly, "It's nothing."

"How are you anyway?" she sked him.

"I am healthy as ever,"

"What happened? what's bothering you?" She asked.

"A-Qing I have to go to a party today and I don't know if aunt will allow, and what if she asked me to go somewhere with her?"

Wen Qing nodded, "Well, aunt Yanli definitely hates parties and she definitely won't allow you to go, for several reasons firstly because you are way to innocent, anyone can take advantage of you.

Secondly if anyone took advantage of you then it can create scandals and problems, and college parties like these have drugs and alcohols and I think you already how much she detest alcohol."

"But A-Qing I really need to go I have promised my...um...friend."

"Then sneak out if you want to," Wen Qing said, "learn to rebel a little."

Zhan smiled, "Easy for you to say, after all you don't get whipped."

Wen Qing's smiled vanished, when she heard what Zhan had said, it was a common thing in this household when Zhan was a child he would get scolded, taunted and mocked for smallest of things.

He would get scolded for just breathing, from Yanli, Wen Qing has spend her entire life here and half of her childhood she had seen Yanli being extremely brutal to Zhan.

There were days, when she would not give him food for days, whip him and beat him till he would faint, humiliate him and slap him even for smallest of mistakes, but at the same time she would be the one to give him medicine, sit beside him for entire night without sleeping or eating if he was sick.

All of this made very difficult for Wen Qing to understand her, but one thing was sure that Yanli hated Zhan most in the world and she also loved him the most in this world.

Yanli wanted to instill her fear inside Zhan, her control over Zhan was so firm that it was too difficult to shook it of, she had raised Zhan like an animal who will he loyal to her and only listen to her. And Wen Qing understood this too late.

Zhan had grown up in a toxic environment, he does not understand true love.

Zhan was Yanli's puppet, even today if Zhan did slightest of mistakes then the consequences would be horrible, just by thinking all this Wen Qing felt anger.

Anger towards Yanli, and pity towards Zhan, this naive, innocent man was just a child.

"You know what? sneak out, and enjoy yourself for the whole night I will help you. Let's wait for her to come home if she does not say anything to you then fine but if she says anything then I will speak for you.

We will fake your illness okay?" Wen Qing asked, "You are a Xiao and you must keep your promise."

Zhan nodded, "Okay."

"That's my boy." she said and sat down beside him, "By the way who is this friend of yours?"

"His name is Wang Yibo, and he will pick me up at eight."

"Alright...let me help you take out some clothes for you." She said opened his wardrobe to help him.

Yanli came home in the evening, and she saw Zhan and Wen Qing in the garden outside, she directly went to Zhan, who stood up once he saw her, "You seem pretty well now, we have a business dinner to attend so..."

Before she could even complete her sentence Wen Qing spoke, "It's not true aunt, Zhan actually had a very high fever and thankfully I was here so I gave him medicine he is still weak and still has slight fever you can check...but I still bought him out since he said that he was feeling a little suffocated."

Yanli naturally believed Wen Qing, and stared at Zhan, "If you are sick then go and rest no need to get fresh air till you can walk properly, don't be a headache and go now."

Zhan nodded and glanced at Wen Qing who glanced back at him, before Zhan walked inside to his room, while Yanli went to get ready.

Once Zhan reached his room he sighed with relief but he felt immense guilt on his shoulders he has never lie to Yanli before and if she found out then he will be in a huge trouble, Zhan felt so uncomfortable that he decided he was not going to lie in future ever this was the first and the last time ever.

An hour later Yanli was ready to leave but she decided to check on Zhan one last time and as expected he was still sleeping she didn't do anything further but before leaving she told Wen Qing, "Take good care of him."

"Sure aunt." Wen Qing and smiled as she saw Yanli sitting inside the car and leaving, and once she was gone Wen Qing ran to Zhan's room and told him to come out.

"A-Qing is this really a good idea?" he said as he was quietly leaving the house.

"This is a perfect idea and yes...come back soon okay?"

"Yeah sure" Zhan said and suddenly his phone rang as well,

"Is this your friend's call?" Wen Qing asked and Zhan nodded, while she smiled, "Well then pick up and tell him that you are coming."

Wen Qing walked him to the gates before saying bye to him While Zhan answered Yibo's call, "Where are you?" Yibo asked.

"I am coming... just came out of the gates where are you though?"

"Look to your left do you see someone sitting on their bike?" Zhan saw and Yibo and walked towards him,

"Why are you here with your bike I thought you would bring car."

"My bike is my life and I prefer it more that car now be quiet and sit." he said and Zhan didn't say anything further and sat behind him before Yibo started the bike engine and drove away.