33. Dread.

Dread.

Zhan was feeling extreme dread as he was getting ready for college he didn't know what was going to happen but something very bad was about to happen and he just knew that something was wrong.

So today he decided to listen to his instincts and not go to college, but what will he say to Yanli she was going to mock him and say that his worries were just useless.

Zhan was feeling so anxious that he was scared he might get an anxiety attack but he calmed himself, his hands were trembling as he combed his hair, but he didn't understand just why was he so scared?

Facing death is better than facing Yanli that's what he thought so he got up and get dressed before going out of his room, this time he walked out of the house, and this time he neither looked at Ava nor Wen Qing he just left the house before getting in his car and leaning back on his seat.

Once he reached college he walked towards the building with slow steps, suddenly he felt his hand being grabbed but someone since it was Yibo he let him drag himself.

Yibo took him to the rooftop where the cold wind hit his face, Yibo shut the door behind him and made Zhan sit down before he sat in front of him, Honestly, Yibo thought that he had no right to talk to Zhan or even touch him, he treated Zhan carefully delicately, "Hey...what's wrong?"

Yibo asked him and Zhan just shook his head slightly, "It's okay..." his voice was rough and slow, like a whisper.

Yibo couldn't take his eyes of Zhan, even though looking at Zhan hurt him he still couldn't leave him alone, why didn't Yibo try to know him better why didn't he try t talk to him why just why?

Had he been kind to him maybe they still could have been together, Yibo wanted to throw himself down the building break his own bones he wanted to punish him since physical pain was easy to tolerate than this pain he was going through.

"Zhan...please...what's wrong," Yibo said, he wanted Zhan to just say something, he wanted to Zhan to be happy to smile it would be better, Yibo is okay by seeing Zhan from afar but he is not okay to see him like this.

Yibo wanted for Zhan to get angry at him to beat him curse his call him names Yibo can go through all of it till Zhan's anger vanishes and then maybe he can have him back.

But Zhan was just so aloof, that Yibo was scared that he is slipping.

When Zhan didn't say anything Yibo leaned forwards and hugged him Zhan became stiff, "Let me hug you please..." this was the first time they had hugged and Yibo only felt pain, because even though Zhan was in his arms he had to let him go, this is no permanent this is just for a few seconds.

While Zhan's eyes sting, because he missed this warmth he missed, why things have become like this he was happy with Yibo, can't they be together again?

Zhan tightly clenched Yibo's shirt but stopped himself from hugging Yibo instead he just let Yibo hug him tightly.

After a while, Yibo broke the hug, "Zhan I..."

"I have classes to attend Yibo..." Zhan said slowly and freed himself from Yibo's hold and Yibo even though he wanted to hold back didn't instead when Zhan was gone Yibo's tears finally escaped his eyes as he sat on the ground thinking about what he has done.

On his way to the class he was met with Jiang Cheng, A-Xiang and Simon as well, the four of them just waked quietly till they separated to go to their classes.

Surprisingly this time Zhan had a class with Emery, who looked rather anxious, and constantly glanced at Zhan or more like his bag, she took a seat behind Zhan.

After the class was over Zhan walked through the corridor, "You look like a zombie" A-cheng spoke and gave chocolate to Zhan... who took it without any problem..." Thanks"

He said as the two walked, "Did your aunt say anything else to you after you guys went home?"

Zhan shook his head and A-Cheng nodded, "So...how is everyone...Um...how is that girl what was her name..."

"Aunt Ava?" Zhan said and A-Cheng quickly shook his head, "No, no her daughter..."

"Wen Qing..."

"Yeah, yeah that woman...she must have grown up."

Zhan looked at A-cheng with a knowing look before he smiled slightly, "You can come home and meet her she is fine by the way."

"Good to hear that but I would never come to your home who knows maybe your aunt might try to poison me."

The two giggled before Zhan suddenly felt his bad being ripped from his back, "what the...You!" A-Cheng said as he glared at Emery who was holding Zhan's bag with a smile on her face.

"Yeah me."

"Return his bag now?" A-Cheng said.

"How about no."

"Girl if I were you I would have listened," A-Cheng warned and this time Zhan moved forwards to grab the bag but Emery moved back and opened Zhan's bag before emptying the contents on the floor. And a packet and filled with white powder fell on the ground.

"Emery!" Zhan yelled and even though Emery still flinched her work was done once she saw the principal coming in their directions and suddenly she started to shout.

"OH MY GOD, DRUGS! DRUGS!"

A-Cheng looked at the white powder and so did Zhan with a deathly pale face. His hands trembled and he stumbled back.

"What's going on here?" The principal also came to the scene.

Simon and Yibo also came there and once they saw Zhan pale and even A-Cheng's Ashen face they knew that something grave had happened.

Author's note: the next chapter in the last chapter when Zhan would get beaten after that you are all going to cry for Yibo. see you.

And a few more chapters before season one ends.