51. Bonding

Zhan felt suffocating, right now sitting with the man in the same room, he didn't like.

However personal and professional life have to be kept separated. This deal was important for the Xiao's, so he decided to tolerate it.

However what made everything even more intolerable was the fat that Dean was looking at him with an unreadable expression, and that was annoying Zhan.

But he clenched his fists.

After the meeting was over Zhan put on a smile, "So Mr. Smith I hope you liked the presentation."

Dean just smiled at him, "I really do like the presentation and everything, however..."

Zhan asked, "However?"

"I would like to think a little before taking a decision...I mean I would like to go through your idea once again, if you don't mind."

Zhan smiled and nodded, "I see, no problem it's okay my assistant will forward the presentation and the required document through the email please go through them."

"That would be great then." He then raised their hand for another handshake and this time when Dean touched Zhan's hand he felt weird, The was Dean caressed his skin and looked at him made Zhan disgusted.

But he still managed to smile through it.

After a little more pleasantries Dean and his team finally left and Zhan felt like he can breathe., but he didn't had a great feeling towards this Dean.
~~~~
Yibo pulled the chair bak for Jenny as she sat on the chair and then he sat in front of her.

"So..." Jenny said, "How are you?"

"I am fine...what about you..."

"I am okay as well."

Yibo nodded, "You said that you heard a lot about me? I mean from where I am curious what did you hear?"

Jenny smiled, "Everyone talks a lot about you, Simon, Cheng, A-Xiang and especially Zhan...he loved you a lot and whenever he would get the chance to talk about you he would.

He told me everything about you, like how you guys met and then broke up and then why...you have that hearing Aid and all."

Yibo smiled, "really..."

Jenny nodded, their coffee came soon and Yibo spoke, "How was your...married life with Zhan?" He asked slowly.

Jenny smiled as well, "Me and Zhan we both bonded over the person we love, but cannot have, I used the love a girl, named Dawn she died from cancer and she was the one and only for me however I loved her with my whole heart she was my first love.

And then Zhan, he was also lovelorn."

Yibo nodded, as Jenny spoke, "Our marriage life was good, we were more like friends, but then again we both were always alone...you know Zhan would cry himself to sleep because he missed you and would take your name in his sleep.

He also has a photo of you in his wallet, you might not spot as first glance but if you look carefully you will, there were many times I have seen him glancing at your photo with longing."

Yibo smiled, "Were you guys happy?"

Jenny took a sip from her coffee, "No, we were there for each other but we were not happy."

Yibo was not even surprised at this , "Why did the two of you divorced?"

Jenny became quiet Yibo thought that maybe he asked something he shouldn't have, "I was nearly assaulted at a party."

Yibo's eyes widened and Jenny spoke, "However Zhan saved me, but neither he nor me saw the face of the man who tried to do that." Jenny's hands clenched and she got goosebumps as she spoke.

"Hey it's okay you can stop."

Jenny took a deep breathe, "No I can speak, neither me nor Zhan saw the face of the man, but Zhan was injured in that fight... he was stabbed but thankfully it wasn't deep, I went to depression after that and became violent, and blamed him, it was so easy to blame because Zhan always takes the blamed without saying anything

Zhan urged me to press charges or speak up but I couldn't I just couldn't do it my trauma was too much, I made Zhan promise to tell no one... he took care of me and we got closer however I was changed I became more violent and verbally abusive, towards him.

At the same time his aunt Yanli didn't like being ignored,and you already know how abusive she already was, and plus the work load, you know how Zhan is...he don't know how to express his emotions he just don't know how or when to snap or speak up."

Yibo heard everything and a deep frown was overing his face, "Aunt Yuhai and Simon also tried to do something but they couldn't do anything, in my trauma , and aunt Yanli's ego we all forgot about Zhan who got paler and sick everything became too much for him.

The heart break from loosing you, then I blamed him for what happened to me and aunt Yanli's degradation and abuse everything was too muh and one day he just collapsed."

Jenny was crying at this point, Yibo's eyes were wet as well, "Why didn't anyone tell me?"

Jennty wiped her tears, "He tried to call you..."

Yibo looked at her with wide eyes, as she spoke, "One day I saw him crying his eyes out as he desperately cling to his phone muttering your name and tried to call you...but I guess you never answered...the heartbreak the stress, made him loose appetite and no one paid attention because Zhan knows how to masks his emotions,

No one knew how bad his health was till one day he collapsed in his office and was taken to the hospital, he could have died that's what we were told."

Yibo's tears slipped as he wiped them, "after all this I realized that I will ruin Zhan's life like this, so I filed for divorce, his aunt's behavior became mild but I know she must must have start treating him the same way."  

The two sat in silence, "Did you ever find out who he was the one who tried to?"

Jenny shook her head, "I am just happy that Zhan has you now I hope you two can live with happiness."

Yibo smiled as well after he wiped his tears, "I how you and your current partner can have a happy life as well... and how are you now I mean your trauma?"

Jenny smiled, "I think I am better now...but I don't I will ever forgive for treating Zhan like that."

"Fucked up world we live in." Yibo said, "It was nice talking to you Jenny."

Jenny smiled as well,"It was nice talking to you as well, Yibo. Have a nice day."

Author's note: ready for angst?

Today out of nowhere my mom and neighbor suddenly asked me to share my book to them so that they can read, and I swear to got I was ready to tell my mom that to just kill me and then read the book because I knew it that I am going to disowned if they ever read, veracity or this one or any book because none of the books contain any matter that is considered 'good' in the eyes of older generation  if they ever saw my wattpad library or reading list then I am sure I am dead