115. Loosing My Temper

Mora and Mijn's mom had been sitting quietly in a private waiting area. Throughout their journey to the hospital, Mijin had refused to speak to anyone, just like she had previously done for two weeks after her attack. It had been a while since she was taken for check up, especially this particular day where she was to meet up with her assulter. They were waiting for about an hour, Mora occasionally standing up and pacing about anxiously.

"You're making me dizzy my dear. Sit down for a few minutes."

Mora smiled at Mijin's mom and was about to take a seat when the door opened and a man dressed in scrubs come in. He identified himself as the nurse and asked only one of them to accompany him.

"You should probably go ahead. He is your brother after all."

"I'm sure Mijin would rather you go instead. Are you forgetting how she gave me a cold shoulder the entire journey here?"

Looking at the nurse, Mijin's mom asked. "Can't the two of us come together?"

Mora answered in the nurse's stead. "You can go first and if Mijin allows it, I'll come in later."

The nurse seemed to agree with Mora. "That would be a good idea considering the mental state of both patients. Afterwards, she'll join you if the doctor allows."

"Okay then." Mijin's mom stood up and followed behind the nurse until they reached a room where both Mijin and Mora's brother had been sitting down separate from each other. Mora's brother's eyes were fixated on Mijin intently, who seemed to be avoiding his gaze at all cost.

It appeared both of them were undergoing a number of tests and Mijin's mom looked at the nurse who had began taking out a needle from her daughter's arm, as if everything had been finalized. He then gathered a few soiled bandages next to Mora's brother and threw them in a biohazard bag.

The doctor on the other hand was busy keeping a record of their vital signs, the nurse informing Mijin's mom that he had been meticulous throughout the entire procedure. Afterwards, she handed them to the nurse and told him to stand by then turned her attention to Mijin's mom who stood by silently, confused by what was transpiring infront of her.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting. I'm quite thorough with my work."

"I dont mind waiting as long as they are both okay." Mijin's mom said as she glanced from Mora's brother and back to Mijin, whose gaze had shifted to the floor.

"I shall give you my diagnosis here iN their presence as they have both requested. Let's sit down first." The doctor suggested and pointed at two empty chairs on the side separated by what appeared to be a coffee table.

"We are not treating normal health conditions here. We want the results to be slow and progressive. For one, the gentleman's body has begun fighting the foreign change of blood transfused into him earlier. Our main objective was not to only administer his former fated's blood alone but to jumpstart his scent manipulation even in the slightest. He was already paired to another and performed a marking, however, an in-depth analysis of his blood showed an onset of scent manipulation waiting to happen. That process was weakened by a lot of factors, one being a faulty marking under the influence of a strong drug that has been administered to him for about three years. However, if he can still scent manipulate even at a five percent rate, we can tap that response and tie him to the scent of his former fated. She too will experience a minor manipulation, having an extra scent from the primary scents. Overtime, if they nourish each other's scents by being around each other, we will be able to achieve a good fraction of a scent manifestation from both of them.

Their blood samples have been sent to the lab an our ago and we will monitor the changes. Before they leave, we shall take another sample from both of them and compare for any response. I'd suggest them both lying down for a few hours after eating something light. A proper sleep would be recommended as well."