SIDE STORY 6

"It is such a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon filled with laughter and good music."

"Don't forget the good wine Yeon's parents brought us."

Both of Stan's parents had been sitting from a distance and as usual, they had the habit of excluding themselves from everyone just to watch them. It had been a terrible habit that Stan disliked and warned them occasionally for.

"Did we do well honey?" Dad Robin asked.

"I think we did though my bank account is crying nonstop tears."

"Zip it, they are looking us." Dad Robin whispered to his pair upon noticing Yeon's parents approaching them. "They were staring at Stannie for a while, do you think they noticed something weird with Yeon?"

"We'll just put the blame on Stannie for everything..." Dad Joss whispered back and proceeded to invite Yeon's parents to join them at their table. They chattered on about each other's well being and extended their best wishes once more to Yeon's dad.

"Thank you for hosting my birthday again. I feel like we are always on the receiving end with you two."

"I concur. We are greatly indebted to you. Perhaps next year we should do the hosting ourselves."

"And leave us with nothing to do? We hardly contribute much except for this while you two have all our children stay over at your place almost every holiday." Dad Robin spoke. "This is the only time we can trick them to visit us."

Both of Yeon's parents laughed, relieved to not have been a burded. "Don't be fooled since they only visit to spend time with Haesol. She is quite a cheerful girl who has become very fond of the twins."

"Where is she by the way?"

"On a dad and daughter date. Those two are inseparable that we are considering having Hajin live with us permanently. Haesol has began asking questions why she isn't living with her dad."

"We went through that stage with Stannie during our divorce." Dad Robin said. "He used to ask the most dumbfounding questions that sometimes I had no choice but to wing the answers."

Looking to where Yeon and the others sat, they noticed Stan crouching closer to Yeon while holding both Luca and Lusha in his arms. His fated on the other hand seemed engrossed in a deep discussion between him, Elric and Niel. Yeon's dad was the first to speak after a brief silence. "Stannie... He seems to grow in love by day. That's why we were thinking to warn you two about something."

Both Stan's parents appeared concerned, wondering to themselves if all was okay.

"If anything happens to Yeon, I'm afraid Stannie will be in big trouble."

Dad Joss panicked a bit and cut in to try and save the discussion from becoming gloomy. After all, Yeon's parents had always intimidated both of them to some degree. They'd never seen their angry side and didn't wish to either. "We apologize for anything our son may have done..."

"Oh no, we are the ones who feel rather responsible." Yeon's mother cut in.

"Huh?"

"It's clear Yeon is head over heels for your son however, Stannie does seem to care for Yeon more. We weren't sure if you two noticed but he's been like that for sometime."

"Of course we did!" Dad Joss exclaimed, relieved to have been mistaken. His reaction though did surprise Yeon's parents including his husband.

"Stannie is the sentimental type. Once he likes something or someone, he tends to be too protective and attached." Dad Robin further explained, hoping to ease up the tension that was slowly building in.

"Aren't you two afraid?"

"Of what?"

"To Yeon, Stannie is a special person in his world but to Stannie, Yeon is his world."

Both of Stan's dads nodded in agreement. "His uncle shares the same character. Yeon may be able to cope somehow without Stan, but I don't think the other way around is possible."

Clearing his throat, dad Joss added, "My husband and I knew this from the moment Yeon moved in and we saw how your son was cared for by his fated. Despite our skepticisms of how more attached he grew, Stannie is just Stannie. He is strong in many ways but weak when it comes to his fated and if a time comes when he finds himself a lone fated, he is aware that we as his parents are always here for him."

"We've taken it a responsibility to be at their beck and call so they can always rely on us though it's often Elric and Niel needing our assistance more."

Looking at his fated, Yeon's mom seemed satisfied, a smile forming on her face. "I think we worry too much sweetheart. Didn't we always want someone like Stannie for our Yeon?"

"Well, he has become a second son to me hence it's only natural I'd worry for his welfare. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way." Turning to look at where the rest sat, Yeon's dad concluded, "I wouldn't want anyone else for my son."

"Neither would we."

Returning his gaze back to Stan's parents, Yeon's dad asked. "So, when will you two be paying me a visit at the gym? I do not think I can tolerate anymore procrastination from you two."

"Neither can I. Stannie has informed us you two aren't that busy these days so pick two days of the week. My husband will have you for one day and I will the other."

"W-We run a clinic..."

"Stannie also informed us you'll both try to find an excuse therefore, if indeed you get tied up, we will both come to you. I'm sure it's going to be fun."