♤♡ World of Scattering Flowers ◇♧

Warnings : Violence, blood, cut limbs.

" I'm running out of time... "

" Time to do what? "

" To enjoy life, each day I'm getting closer to death. Well it's not like I didn't already had a foot in my coffin but I should be more careful now. "

" What are you talking about, Yuki? "

" We're all going to die, you either kill yourself or get killed."

" Now now, don't you think you're being quick to depress ? "

" Quick to depress?! I'm quickly thinking about raining hell upon this house on a biblical scale! "

" Anyway, continue with your rant. "

" Ahem... I want to tell you how bad action always end up being punished. Either by a fit punishment or a bigger bad action against you. "

" Any exemple? "

" I'm glad you asked! *pull out Notebook* Today we're reading 《Pied Piper》"

" This isn't a princess story- "

" That's not the point, anyway...
Life was easy for the people of Hamelin in Germany. The poor weren't too poor, and the rich had much more than they needed. Instead of being happy, these people were selfish, and thought only of feasting. Parents found the children to be too much of a worry for them. It was then that a horrible event took place in Hamelin ...

On this Christmas Eve 1283, the inhabitants were in the midst of preparations for the feast. Everywhere you could smell the aromas of hams and roasting turkeys, of cakes and baking pies. In the midst of all the commotion, no one noticed a rat sneaking through the city gates. It was followed by another, then another.

After five minutes there were a hundred rats, after an hour there were over a thousand. And soon the whole city was invaded. The rats slipped under the doors, climbed the gutters, and fell in clusters in the chimneys. People tried in vain to save some food, but the rats devoured everything. Soon there was nothing left of the preparations for the party.

By Christmas morning, rats were everywhere: in wardrobes, under beds, in shoes, and even in cribs. Terrified, people went to the Town Hall to ask the mayor to do something. In an emergency meeting, the mayor and his councilors devised a trap and poison plan to rid Hamelin of the rats.

Alas, the rats proved so clever and vigorous that they avoided the traps and devoured the poison as if it were sugar.

On the third day there was nothing left to eat. So the rats devoured the pillows, the books, the chairs and the tables. They chased the dogs and killed the cats. They were biting people in their beds, and no one could sleep anymore. Whoever wanted to dress discovered rats nestled in his shoes. Desperate, the mayor finally decided to offer a thousand gold coins to the person who could rid the city of this scourge.

On the fourth day, a stranger came to Hamelin and asked to see the mayor:

- I heard that you offer a thousand pieces of gold to the one who would deliver the city from its rats.

The mayor asked:
- This is true, but who are you?

- They call me the Pied Piper. I know how to help you.

- Very well, if you can get rid of the rats, you will receive the reward.

The stranger left the Town Hall and headed for the market square. He began to play a strange melody on a simple wooden flute. From the first notes, the rats stopped eating to listen to the song of the Pied Piper. Then, in the same movement, all ran up the alleys, scampered away from the houses, and rushed out of the shops to come and gather around him.