32

Me and Scott got off the bike. We got invited for dinner. Yukimuras dinner. We rang the doorbell and right away a voice was heard from behind.

"I invited guests for what I like to call the 'Thank you for saving my daughter from becoming a coyote dinner' dinner

The door opened and me and Scott smiled at Mr. Yukimura. When Kira saw me she widened her eyes and ran inside a room what I'm guessing was hers.  

A few minutes later we were sitting on a table together. "So, Scott and Anna, I'm sure that as native Californians, you've eaten at some pretty impressive Japanese sushi restaurants" Mrs. Yukimura said.

I smiled. "Yes, I love Japanese food. Especially Gyoza and Teriyaki. But of course  my number one is sushi"

"But I have to tell you that my husband is a superb chef" Mrs. Yukimura said and I smiled even more when I saw Scott face. He has never eaten Japanese food.

Mr. Yukimura placed lot of things in front of us. "Okay, we have Hamachi, uni, ikura, and hirame" he said and Scott looked closer to the food. I chuckled.

"You've never eaten sushi before, have you, Scott?" Mrs. Yukimura asked.

"He likes more Mexican" I said.

"Is it all raw?"

"Not the rice" Mr. Yukimura said.

"Oh, my god, guys. We were supposed to have lasagna tonight" Kira groaned.

"I was trying to impress them. I didn't want to bring out the.... you know what? I'll make lasagna" he said.

"Oh, no, no, you don't have to Scott can try something new, right?" I said, looking at Scott.

He nodded. "Definitely!"he grabbed the chopsticks and I watched closely how he hold them. I chuckled at the way he did.

"Try to hold them like a pencil. Like this" I said taking chopsticks from his hand and giving him one. "Like a pencil" I said and he took the chopstick holding it like a pencil.

"Now, hold this one like this" I showed him.

"Try it now" I said, picking up hirame and placing it in my mouth. I'm impressed about this man cooking thing.

"It's delicious" I said, smiling at Mr. Yukimura. He smiled back.

Scott trying to get his hirame with proud smile on his face. He moved it to his mouth and I saw it slipping and when it did I caught it with my chopsticks before it can land on his lap. I looked at him and chuckled when I saw he had opened mouth so, I putt his his hirame in his mouth and he hummed in pleasure. I let a little laugh and Kira chuckled.

"How long have you been together?" Mrs. Yukimura asked. "Over two years" I said.

"Wow, that's a long time" Mr. Yukimura said.

"Um... Yeah, I guess" I said.

"How did you two meet?"

"In the woods...... At night..... we bumped into each other" I said. And he nodded.

"You're cute together" Kira said and I smiled, looking at Scott directly in the eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dinner was awesome so far. Me and Kira had fun and I held Scott hand under the table whole time.

"So you came from New York?" I asked.

"I have a family ties here. Several generations" Mrs. Yukimura said.

"Yukimura is Japanese, right?" Scott asked.