46

We placed Derek's body on the animal clinic desk.

"Wow" Deaton said as he looked at him.

"Wow? Wow as in 'I've seen it before and I know exctly what to do' kind of wow? Because that's the kind of wow we were hoping for" Stiles said.

"I think you overestimating my abilities" Deaton said.

I moved my hand, holding Derek's as I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "He's cold. As fuck, cold"

Deaton grabbed his other hand, checking his pulse.

"Do you think this is pernament?" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience" Deaton said as he took a little light and looking at Derek's eyes.

"What the hell are we gonna do with him then? Put him in the freezer?" I asked.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much" Deaton said, ignoring my freezer comment. "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here"

"You mean from Kate?"

"No, Santa Claus" I mumbled and Lydia hited my arm.

"If she's still alive and she is what you said she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate" Deaton explained.

"Why she did this? What was this good for?" I asked, pointing at Derek.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for reason that won't be any good for anyone but her" he said.

Stiles scoffed. "And bad for everyone else"

I rolled my eyes. "Didn't Deaton just said 'won't be any good for enyone but her'? Stiles we understood him"

Stiles looked at me with death glare then rolled his eyes.

Deaton nodded, looking at us and Scott held my hand in confort. It's stressing me out that Derek is lying on the table, being his young self and not knowing what's happening to him is stressing me more. 

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look like to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep?" Deaton suggested. "It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again"

"Someone should stay with you" Scott said.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes" Lydia said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, but she's also true. I can't miss classes anymore or I'll be failing half of them. I was so not okay with this, but I know I can trust Lyds.

"I'm so not okay with this" Stiles mumbled.

"Neither am I, but here we are. C'mon on, lover boy" I told him.

"Go, guys" Lydia said and Stiles refused yet again.

"No"

"Text us If anything happens" Scott said and Lydia nodded.

"Please if he wake up text me right away" I pleased and she nodded again.

"Nope, still not okay with it" Stiles said. 

I kissed Dereks' forehead and let go of his hand still holding Scotts'.

"Not going anywhere" I grabbed him by his jacket, dragging him and Scott outta there. "Alright, just 'couse you're stronger...." he mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott and I followed Stiles up the stairs. Scott had his hand around my shoulders.