✓ FORTY EIGHT

"Your final question Na"

His hands were wet, covered with the large layer of sweat on his body. No words could express how much he  Jaemin took a deep breath and nodded.

"What has 13 hearts, but no lungs or stomach?"

Fuck Jaemin muttered, hands covering his face. The room was silent, except for the loud thumping of Jaemin's heart, his fingers gripped his hair in frustration, was it an animal? Was it a game? Was it a card? Was it a-

Wait.

The make widens his eyes,mind  desperately recalling his memory.

And then it clicked.

"A deck of cards." He finally said.

He looked up to the screen, where Kihyun's grip on his knife had not loosen since the begining. He stabs the knife on the table, making it go deep to the bottom of the table, the edge of the knife popping through.

"Well Na" Kihyun chuckled. "You're correct."

The sigh if relieve washed over Jaemin's face and he turns to smile at Doyoung, who gives him a small thumbs up.

"Now Na, come and get your friend."

As if on cue, the film was moved backwards, revealing Renjun on a chair at the edge of a floor. Jaemin widened his eyes as the first rope cuts through the chair, causing it to fall a little.

And a cold-blooded scream tips through his ears

"Hyung, that's on the third level. I'm bringing backup" He hears Shotaro say through the earpiece.

"Go, I'll come along with you." He hears rummaging, and then hears Taeyong running.

"Once we get Renjun, we fight, no one should leave the building till every member of the bleeding killers is dead." Jaehyun spoke through the in ear.

" Jaemin-ah, let's go." He hears Doyoung say.

The grip on his  loosen, as a small smirk on his face. He pulls out his gun and spins it.

"Don't let anyone get Kihyun. I'm taking him down.

*cough cough*Quite literally cause I'm down with a bad cold

*cough cough*
Quite literally cause I'm down with a bad cold

Anyways I might've left you guys with a cliffhanger last chapter so I apologize for that lmfao

Anyways happy new year my love's, this chapter was supposed to be out last year but so much came by and I've been very busy.

As I'm currently writing, I'll be having my finals in 2 weeks, which is a very important one as it determines my streamings for next semester.

And as I'm currently panicking, I'm manifesting I do good in my exams (and to those who are sitting for theirs good luck!) So Yeap

This book will be on hold for a while, but once I'm finished with it, I'll be good to update again (lmfao as I'd I'm consistent with my updates)

So bye and see you next time