✓ ONE

7 o'clock in the morning.

The sun was beginning to rise. A few people had been scattered, on the roads with a quiet ambience of walking with headphones in, music blasting in their ears as they made their way to work.

A woman's alarm clock repeated for the fifth time that day. She immediately slams her hand down, hitting the snooze button once more as she continued to dream.

It felt like a few seconds had gone by and her alarm went off again. This time she got up and turned it off, muttering a string of curses. The blanket was thrown carelessly on the bed, not bothering to make her bed as she dragged her feet to the cold tiles of the connecting bathroom. She squeezed a generous amount of toothpaste as she began her morning routine.

About 30 minutes had gone by, the woman steps out of the bathroom with a robe on her, shivering a little from the air conditioner. She takes out her clothes from the closet that are nicely ironed, and lays it on the bed.

Taking less than half an hour to finish, she sprays a considerable amount of perfume before grabbing her shoes and walking out of the room.

Walking to the kitchen, she sees a pair making breakfast, smiling as they almost burned themselves, well, they were playing around before causing a potential accident. She steps in the kitchen, causing the pair to halt and smile.

"Morning Mark and Haechan" she greeted, scooping a decent amount of coffee powder in her glass. "Morning Chaerin, do you want some pancakes?" Mark asks, flipping the pancake to the opposite side.

She smiles, pouring hot water in her glass and taking a sip. "I wish I could boys, but unfortunately I got to go now. See you later." She drinks her coffee and places it in the sink. "Someone help me wash this please." Before stepping out. She turns back, watching as the two started at her. She sighed.

"I'll pay you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You have no choice."

"Of course I do. I'm not marrying him and that's final." She gritted her teeth.

"Chaerin" her father says, so close to bursting into anger. " We made a contract, and we always do, just like how your mother and I got married, like how my father and mother did so please-"

"Cancel the contract, I'm not marrying Kihyun."

"You're marrying him and that's final." Her mother says. She glares at the woman, who holds out the contract. "Sign it"

"I'm not signing it."

"You bitch"

"You think that's going to make me fall on my knees and cry?"

"Jeong Chaerin" her father speaks. "Listen to your mot-"

"My mother is dead"

"Listen to your father!" Her mother walks over and pulls her by her shirt, waking her by force. "Sign the contract and leave this damn place" She slaps her, watching coldly as she falls to the ground.

Flinching by the sudden attack, Chaerin bites her tongue, wanting nothing more than to fill the woman in front of her with more range. She stands up, glaring at her as she pulls the knife from her back pocket.

"I took so long ironing this shirt don't ruin it with your nasty hands" Chaerin speaks.

"No one ruins my favourite blouse and gets away with it."

"Don't you dare-"

"You may have married my father, but that doesn't mean you own me." She snaps, taking forceful steps towards her step-mother. "And I will never, ever tolerate you hitting me again. I know how stupid you can be, marrying me off just for a couple millions. Don't think I'm that dumb. You would do anything just for money, you gold digger." She points the end of the blade to her mother.

"I married your father because I love him, not because of the money."

"So explain how my mother and sister died, I don't believe its by accident. Only a fool like you would leave messy handprints everywhere" Her father freezes, too stunned to speak.

"This is my last warning ever. Don't you dare make me do shit like this" She grabs the contract, placing it in the paper shredder behind her. "Or that contract isn't going to be the only thing that goes through that shredder." She grabs the front of her mother's blouse, fear seen in her eyes.

"Scaredy cat, threatening someone but can't handle being threated? Pathetic." She chuckles, walking out of the office, slamming the door in process.

" She chuckles, walking out of the office, slamming the door in process