▪︎THIRTY

"Target is in sight

"Target is in sight."

Taking a sip of the champagne given, Chaerin scrunched her nose as the strong scent had hit her nose. She turned to Jaemin, who was at this point not drinking to even care. He stared at the male seated far away from them, two girls wrapped around his fingers as he made them laugh at the possible corny jokes he made. 

"Stop starring too much. He's going to realise." Chaerin shrugged, placing down the now half filled glass. Muttering a small sorry, Jaemin chugged down the entire glass of champagne in front of him as he leaned back on the couch in a huff. 

"Stop starring. It's bad." Jaemin felt himself smirk as Chaerin rolled her eyes at the other's attitude before leaning herself back on the couch, finding a little bit of comfort in the soft material. They both sat there in silence, enjoying the ambiance of the night. It felt nice, being in a peace and quiet place other then the soft footsteps and music. It felt peaceful to say the least.

Or so they thought

"Well are you going to sit and stare only?"

Jaemin let out a huff as Jeno's question had distracted him from his thoughts. He knew that the male had been handling both the mics as he hears Chaerin gently scolding the male from the other side.

"Go dance"

"Hell no." Was the first thing Jaemin heard Chaerin mumble. The pair heard a loud sigh as Jeno placed the mic down, glaring at Haechan who was drinking coffee.

"I mean what's the harm with it." Jaemin asks. Chaerin looks at him, and for once, she sees a genuine smile from the man, instead of his usual smirks.

She hesitantly takes his hand, as they both made their way to the floor.

The music stops, and for a moment, they see people leave the floor, as well as some that had stayed. Jaemin wraps an arm around the other's waist, pulling her closer to him. She wraps her arms around his neck, as the music starts once more.

The sound of music was long gone, only the both of them had stared at each other for a long time. At that moment, it was as if they had forgotten about their mission, rather finding comfort in each other's presence.

Jaemin gently hold's Chaerin's right hand as he twirled her around, the hem of her dress swayed gracefully on the floor. Unconsciously, the male let's out a small smile as they link arms again.

"Target is in sight. Four o'clock." Chaerin whispers in a low voice. Jaemin sees from his pheperial vision, as the said male is holding a glass of wine, a soft clanking sound is heard despite the music and the sounds of feet in the dance as another woman drinks a glass of wine infront of him.

"That right there with our lovely target." Jaemin points. "Is Roo Jae Kyung." Chaerin sits for a moment, before eying the woman. "She seems - young." She states.

"That's because." The male infront of her drops his voice in a few octaves, startling her a little. His hand that rested on her waist, had moved to her back. His soft hand glides up and down her back, causing a shiver up her spine. "That is our target's sugar baby"

"What are you doing?" Chaerin questions the position of his hand that was now resting on her back. "We need to look realistic or Renjun will kill the both of us." He says. Chaerin let's out a small hum, which doesn't go noticed by the other male.

"I can stop if you want t-"

"No it's fine." She mumbles, smiling a little. They danced for a while more, hearing the music come to an end. Chaerin leans her head closer to the other, her arms that were wrapped on his neck was embraced more.

"What are you doing?"

"Realistic, isnt that what you wanted?" Chaerin gives a small smile. For a moment, the blue haired male freezes, and then the corner of his lips curls up into a smile.

The music was finally over, a small chatter was heard as the pair walked back to a place to sit. "The alarm should go off by now." She whispers. Jaemin nods, reaching a hand out to hold hers. "Wanna count together?" She smirks.

"Ten" a waiter offers then a glass each.

"Nine" They both realise that its red wine, a regular drink served always.

"Eight." Their glass clanks with each other.

"Seven." The burning sensation of the wine is present.

"Six." The music starts again, with more people at the dance floor once more.

"Five." The both of them smile at each other as they finish the last bits of their wine.

"Four." They get up, and walk to the exit of the building.

"Three." A male steps infront of Chaerin. Grabbing her hand, he kisses the back of it.

"Two." He slips a paper in her arms. Jaemin walks up and grabs her wrist and pulls her behind him.

"Excuse me? Who the fuck do you think God are?" The man grumbles, sending a glare to Jaemin.

"One." The lights start to flicker kne by one. Jaemin walks up to the man.

"Dont fucking touch my woman."

And then the lights go off.

"homework and studies is stressful" Bro have you seen the penthouse?!