▪︎THRITY SIX

It was Thursday

It was Thursday.

And it was both Chaerin and Jaemin's biggest mission yet.

Planning it out for several days, with sleepless nights just for the perfect moment.

Mark had appeared this morning to Chaerin's room, delivering the outfit she was going to wear tonight. Bidding of his goodbyes while holding a suit, she could only assume that it was for Jaemin.

So when the clock had striked five thirty in the evening. The pair had gotten ready.

Chaerin's dress was an half sleeves white dress, with a corset around her waist. Her dress had a pocket, something you rarely see in women dresses, where she kept the gun tightly. Turning it around, and testing the dress for any possible flaws, she silently thanked both Mark and Yangyang for making the outfits.

Her hair was tied back into a ponytail. She had dyed a few strands of her hair with a light colour to disguise herself a but more for the mission.

As she walked down the stairs, she could see both Marks and Yangyang smile. But her attention was not on the pair flaunting their design skills.

Her attention was on Jaemin.

The male, too, had worn a white suit with a tie. His once electric blue hair had changed to a black hair colour. His gun was kept in the pocket of his coat that he wore, and a small flowered brooch was on the breast pocket of his coat.

One thing that was sure, is that the male looked like royalty.

Jaemin, grabbed the earpiece and his mask from the couch behind him. He looked up, seeing that Chaerin had walked down. As he looked to where she was going, his eyes darkened as she saw both Mark and Yangyang hug her.

He wasn't sure why he acted like that, he used to be do fine with her not wandering around with his teammates.

"We get it she's yours, don't fucking break that earpiece." Jisung spoke. Muttering a small sorry, Jaemin placed the earpiece.

"Alright people. Let's do this."

The car ride was quiet

Jaemin decided to drive this time, leaving Chaerin as shotgun. The pair sat in silence, the faint sound of the radio hosting the weather reports were heard.

"So." Chaerin spoke. The male turned as he saw her fiddling with her fingers. "You look really good tonight."

The black haired male chuckled. "Thanks, you look really pretty."

Jaemin thanked the higher gods he did not peed his pants.

Chaerin smiled, looking back at the road.

And then it was silent.

"So here's the plan." Jisung spoke when the both of them had gone down. "The receptionist inside will ask for the invitation card. Give that. Both Taeil and Yuta are already in, disguised in the food distribution areas. It's on the both of you now. When the clock strikes nine, lights will go off. Find a hiding place, and place the bomb."

Any people there are the people that woke for the bleeding killers as well as enemies left right,  so it will be fine." Chenle spoke.

It was now or never.

"Thank you so much for joining us, have a great night

"Thank you so much for joining us, have a great night."

The pair smiled at the receptionist as they entered the ballroom. With their masks on them, also everyone was hard to recognise. Jaemin looked to his watch.

Eight fourth five.

Fourth five minutes.

Hand in hand, they walked to the drinking station. Thanking the bartender, they sat, enjoying the peace and quiet. Soft music was heard as well as footsteps.

As one songs ends and another one starts, Jaemin takes the woman's hands, as he leads her to the centre of the ballroom.

"What are you doing?" To be confused was an understanment.  Instead Jaemin just smiled as he took his hand in hers, placing her other hand in his shoulder and one of his on her waist.

Together, the danced. Footsteps back and forth in pure silence. Not a word was spoken.

Towards the end of the song. Jaemin had spun her around. Following his lead, she lands her back towards his chest. She sucked in a breath, not knowing what to do.

Their footsteps never stopped. Jaemin's right hand went up to her hair, as he tucked the strands behind her ear.

His hot breath could be felt against her skin. Shivers down her spine as his hands resumed on her waist as the both danced together.

As the song finally ended, the pair went back to their seats.

"I'm going to the washroom first." Chaerin mumbled as she walked off.

Jaemin smiled, taking another sip of the red wine.

Towards the bathroom, there was someone.

Waiting to attack

Double update cause the author couldn't sleep