✓FORTY NINE

Two months since both the Neos and Blood Moon had gone.

And a week ago, they came home.

Guns and blood were everywhere, injuries left and right, a lot of them were minor, which they were grateful for, and Jaehyun announced that there would be no more missions for at least a month.

In those two months, a lot had changed.

Chaerin had woken up, and stared at the ceiling before making a conclusion that she might have been in heaven.

Until the door opened, and Aerum walked in with a tray of medication. She glanced at the figure in bed, her eyes widening.

"Chaerin-ah." Aerum spoke. "Are you okay?"

Chaerin looked around in daze, scanning the place before she realized she was in the base, at the clinic.

"We wanted to send you to the hospital. You bled out too much and we thought you died."

Chaerin glanced at Aerum as she sat the tray of medication in the table. "But I'm not dead am I?" She smiled.

Aerum furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. " Chaerin-ah-"

She suddenly stood up and untangled the medication cord on the hand. "I'm not dead am I?" She jumped in excitement, grabbing Aerum's hand as she spun her around.

"Chaerin calm down-" the other chuckled

"Nope nope I need to rub it in Jaemin's face!"

At the mention of the other's name, she suddenly tensed up. Noticing it, Chaerin stopped, glancing at the other. "Why?" She asked.

Aerum looked down, as Chaerin stared in worry.

"Aerum-ah, what happened?"

"Jaemin came home a week ago." Aerum started.

"He had two shot wounds and was stabbed in the arm. Everyone else is okay."

"He came home unconscious, and it has been like that till today."

Chaerin stared at the floor, not noticing her eyes welled up, tears threatening to fall.

"He killed Kihyun."

The woman ignored Aerum's call, as she stepped out of the room and made her way two rooms after hers to find Jaemin.

Plugs of machine surrounded him, with sounds coming from different machines, yet he laid there peacefully.

A huge plaster was visible under the hospital gown, covering his lower abdomen, Chaerin spotted different bandages on his shoulders and arms, all in different sizes.

"He got shot the same place you did. It was easy getting the bullet out but he didn't lose much blood as you did." Aerum spoke from behind.

The other turned around, smiled sadly to Aerum who understood what she wanted and closed the door to give them privacy.

As Chaerin walked to the bed, she couldn't help but tear up at the sight of him.

You fucking idiot Chaerin thought. Why kill him and come home like this?

She sat on the chair beside him which had a pillow., and took his left hand in hers.

There, she placed the pillow at the side, and laid her head and closed her eyes, listening to the other breathe.

It was peaceful, to say the least.