capítulo 4

"Hmm, where do I start?" Bruno muttered to himself. "I know! How old are you? You know how old I am, so it's only fair."

"I'm also 35!" I said reassuringly.

"Oh, okay... cool... hmm," He started tapping his foot while he thought. I watched as he struggled to find more questions. I noticed his clothes were slightly torn and his hair was a disheveled mess. I abruptly stood, startling him once again. "Are you okay?" He asked as he stood with me.

"I was going to ask you the same thing! When you fell through the screen, I never even bothered to ask if you got hurt!" He looked down at himself, lifting the dirty poncho slightly to look at it. "You aren't hurt or anything, are you? No blood?"

He patted himself down, but when he reached his legs he winced. "W-well I'm hurt, don't know about-" He stopped himself as he pulled his hand away from one of the apparent wounds. I couldn't see as it was under his rauna, but he looked at me with a sheepish grin. "There's blood. Not a lot... but still blood."

I stood for a second, processing what to do in this situation. He was just looking at the small amounts of blood left on his hands. I looked on the floor and the couch to see if he left any other trails of it, but it must have been from small scratches that his clothes absorbed. "I think I might have some extra clothes for you to wear while I take care of your current outfit? And I can run you a bath to freshen up maybe?"

He nodded slowly, unsure. I held his gaze before going into my room to grab him some clothes. He seemed like he had a slim figure, which was slightly concerning. I couldn't see much of his build other than that. I got into the extra drawer in my dresser where I kept my exes clothes, thinking he'd come back for them at some point.

"Bruno! Here are the clothes! I got a couple of options because I don't know what you'll fit or not, but at least it's something, right?" I said with a kind smile, walking back into the main room to see him picking up the shards. "Don't pick those up! You'll hurt yourself more!" I scolded, placing the clothes down and dropping down next to him.

"I just- I just felt so guilty. I wanted to help. I-" I gently took the glass shards out of his hands, cutting him off as he watched.

I placed what pieces he did pick up on the TV stand in front of us and helped him to stand. "I'll run you warm bath and set out everything you need. You look through these and find something to wear. After you change to bathe, just leave your clothes on the sink and I'll take care of it later." I passed him the small pile of clothes and made my way to the bathroom. Once I got to the door, I turned to address him, but I couldn't make eye contact. "I... um... I didn't grab... underwear... so... um... yeah." I quickly went into the bathroom and closed the door.

I had a hot flush across my face as I prepared the bath. 'Why did I say that? Of course I didn't grab that! He's not stupid, he would've noticed digging through the pile. Stupid stupid stupid stu-' "Ow!" I yelled out, getting burnt by the hot water. I turned off the faucet and scrambled to run my hand under cool water.

The door burst open as soon as I stood and Bruno had a nervous look on his face. "Oh- you're okay. I think? You're okay, right?" I nodded and he looked behind me to see the tub filled up. "I guess I should get ready?" He said, unsure.

"Yes! Of course! I'll just... get going then." I grabbed my phone and rushed out of the bathroom. I went into the kitchen to cool off my finger and then made my way to the guest room, Rosemary's old room, and started getting together. 'He's gonna need somewhere to stay, and I'm not making him sleep on the couch.'