capítulo 10

The next day, I woke up to a notification on my phone before my alarm had the chance to go off. "School... closed? They must've not used up their cancelation days again." I sighed, turning off my alarms. "I guess I'll just sleep in." And that's exactly what I did; I slept in until mid afternoon.

Once I did finally wake up, I rubbed my eyes and groggily made my way out to the kitchenette for something to eat. As soon as I opened the door and finished rubbing the morning out of my eyes, I noticed Bruno also walking out of the bathroom. He heard my door shut and quickly turned around. "Y/N! What are you still doing here?" He yelled, grabbing his heart out of pure shock.

"I-I live here? School was c-cancelled today? I don't have to be at work?" I shoved out, staring at anything but his face. I tried not to, but I guess he just finished taking a shower. He was in the middle of towel-blotting his hair and wearing his old pants I fixed up for him, and that was it.

There's nothing wrong with him being shirtless, thinking I wasn't home, but it simply caught me off guard. He was lean, probably because of all the stairs in his room kept him in shape, and the water from his hair was dripping down his body. He made his way over to me and tilted my head to look in his eyes.

He's gotten more bold since he's first gotten here, but this was way out of character. Although, I could feel the shakiness in his hands, see how unsure he was while looking into his eyes. "Y-you shouldn't talk to people and not meet their eyes." He said, looking subtly over my shoulder.

"Hah! How hypocritical of you, you can't even meet my eyes while saying that." Then a devious thought popped into my head. "I can help with that." I placed my hands on his cheeks and put my eyes directly in front of his. Close enough so he couldn't look anywhere else, but far enough so it wasn't weird to look at.

His hand dropped from my chin and moved to cover my hands, which were still on his cheek. "Your eyes are very beautiful." He bluntly stated. I watched as the blush crept across his face and settled on his cheeks. I stared into his eyes in return. They became unreadable.

They held something I couldn't recognize. Usually, I could see his embarrassment, his anger, everything, but currently I couldn't tell what they held. "Yours are mysterious."

"Really? I thought they were quite obvious with how I feel." Then the mystery fell from his eyes and they appeared very confused and embarrassed. I smiled and let go of his face. "So... since you have the day off... do you wanna watch a movie?"

I smiled and watched him hold the towel over his torso. "Yes! Yeah, I mean, yeah. Of course I'd watch a movie with you, Bruno. Your rauna is in the laundry hamper by the way. I thought I'd wash it again after the ranch incident." I said with a chuckle as he shuddered.

About a week or so ago, I decided to make us both salads for lunch, and when he opened the ranch, he squeezed bottle a little too hard and it sprayed everywhere. "Don't even bring that up, I still feel guilty for making that big of a mess."

I pat his shoulder and let him go into my room to grab the dark green fabric. He walked out with it on and I noticed he also grabbed a random button up and put it on underneath. We both ate lunch and I cleaned up a bit around the house. With nothing else to do, Bruno hid in his room.

As I did the dishes, I remembered yesterdays events. 'Maybe I was so upset at them both because I genuinely... like... Bruno? Like how his eyes light up during the shows we watch, and how worried and concerned he gets for me. I like how his hair bounces ever so slightly and how warm his body is when he hugs me. I really like his smile and when he gets into one of his talkative moods. I really enjoy his company, and... I think I've fallen for him. I hope to all Hell that Rose isn't cheating on her boyfriend with Bruno; otherwise, she'd be ruining more than her own life.' I thought to myself, scrubbing the life out of a pan.

"Hey, Y/n? Are you ready for the movie now? I put it on your laptop in your room."

"Oh, right! Of course!" I finished what I was doing, making my way to my room. Bruno was sitting cross-legged on the bed waiting with the laptop open on his lap. "Bruno... I actually have a question before we start."

"Yeah for sure, w-what is it?" He stuttered.

"You and Rose... you guys aren't, like, together or anything... right?"

His eyes widened and he stood up. "No no no! You've got our relationship all wrong! I just invite her over to make lunch when we both miss you."

"When... you both? You miss me sometimes?" I asked him, advancing closer to him.

"Sometimes? I was super relieved to find out you didn't have to work today! Don't get me wrong, Rosemary and I are becoming good friends, but she's not... she's not you." He stood very close to me at this point, with that beautiful, big grin on his face. I felt my own cheeks flush and looked away, glad to know my bestfriend isn't a cheater and my crush possibly feels the same way I do.

I moved past him and put some blankets and pillows on the floor, then I grabbed my laptop and sat it on the ground in front of me. "Aren't you going to join me?" I asked, patting the spot next to me. He joined me and that's when I noticed what it was. "Oh my gosh! This is my favourite romance movie!" I exclaimed, getting excited to watch it.

I don't think you're ready for the next chapter, if you know what I mean ;) hehehe