capítulo 41

We were all sat around the table, me next to Julieta and Alma across from Señora Guzmán. Alma and her were making small talk, but I was watching the intense staring contest between Dolores and Mirabel. It was going pretty strong, until Mariano passed a bowl in front of Mira's face. Dolores started whispering to her brother, whose face contorted between Mira's, Bruno's and his own. "Camilo, fix your face." Félix whispered to him.

He shook his features out and waited until Mirabel was distracted by her sister so he could whisper to his father. He spit out his water all over the Guzmán's, causing Alma to give him a funny look. He apologized and they moved on from it, but Félix still looked shook up. He also waited for Mira to get distracted before whispering to Pepa.

A large storm cloud formed over her head, with Alma telling her to calm down. She started stroking her hair, as she normally does, and mumbled to herself calming words. When she was more calm, she leaned over to her sister and started whispering like everyone else.

Julieta made worried eye contact with Mirabel, who quickly looked away and focused on her drink, before she dove under the table. Julieta then leaned over to me with her eyebrows crossed. "Mira went into Bruno's room and found one of his visions. They're saying she's going to ruin the magic." She whispered. "Is that true?"

I looked between her and Mira, who was now forcing Mariano to propose early. Luisa ran to get the piano while blubbering, and I just shrugged. I was honestly just confused. Sure, I knew what was going to happen, but it was still confusing living through it.

Then the chaos happened, and I just watched. Luisa flopped to the ground, crying. Mirabel chased after the coatimundi, knocking things around. Dolores spilled the beans, and Mirabel hit the plaque across the table, allowing everyone to see. Everyone including Alma.

Mirabel chased after the coatimundi, knocking things around. The house started to crack and everyone's magic then went all out of whack; resulting in Isa's flower punching Mariano, Camilo having a baby head with a mustache, and Pepa causing a thunder storm. The window popped open, showing the whole town ready to congratulate the families, only to cower slightly in fear.

The Guzmán's ran out of Casita, Alma following, Mirabel trying to explain herself and then stopping after the forgotten piano, then Luisa crying, Agustín chasing her, Isa being upset with Mira, Pepa being upset with Mira, everyone being upset with Mirabel.

I didn't move from my seat, honestly too stunned to move. "Bibi, is everything okay? What's going on?" Vivian asked me, moving into the seat where Pepa sat.

"Everything will be alright, I have a question for you, though." I said with a smirk, turning to face her. "Where'd you go earlier today?"

Her eyes widened and she looked away from me. "W-Well-well," she stammered in the same manner as her father, "I was in the encanto. I was hanging out with a... friend." An innocent blush spread across her face when she said friend. I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Well, I hope you two had fun." I pulled out of the hug and stood with her, both of our clothes sopping wet and hair dripping onto the ground. "I think you should go to your room and get dried off, maybe change into some other clothes." I patted her shoulder and she left the room.

I watched as she left, feeling slightly dizzy now. I made my way to my room, but I stumbled along the way. Casita assisted me with getting  to my room, and I laid on my bed.

The time ticked by slowly as I tried to steady my mind. I heard Alma yelling in the distance, followed by the family calling for Mirabel. I heard my own kids, calling out for their cousin.

Every little sound felt like a drum right against my head. A migraine started to form, pressing against the sides of my head. I held my head, not understanding what was going on. I stumbled out of my room, searching desperately for Julieta. In my own selfish mind, I hoped her magic still worked for just a moment longer.

As I staggered to the kitchen, I heard a gasp from the landing. "Y/n?" I turned my head to see who was saying my name, but everything was getting blurry. I ignored it, needing to get to the kitchen quickly. I felt the tiles shuffle underneath me, and suddenly I was at my destination.

"Thank you, Casita."

"Y/n? Casita just rolled me in here, is everything okay?" I heard Julieta say.

I squinted my eyes to see her, heavily leaning against the counter to stay steady. "I think I'm dying."

Sorry guys... I have to end it here for now. I'll see you soon though!