capítulo 30

I paced around the room, nervously ringing my hands together on the fabric of my shirt. "Y/n, you have to calm down. Here." Julieta said, handing me some hard candy. "Eat this, it'll distract you enough to calm you down." Her smile was warm and she kept a comforting hand on my back as I ground the candy between my teeth.

"Do you give this to Pepa to calm her down as well?" I asked as she got up.

"No... I should try that sometime." I looked at her, confused, but she didn't elaborate.

In the same moment, Pepa then burst through the door. "Is everyone ready? It's almost time to go out!" A small wind picked up inside the room as she rambled. "Mamá sent me to see what's going on. She's-"

"Here." Julieta interrupted, handing her a larger one of the candies. Pepa looked at it with doubt before slowly putting it in her mouth.

"This is really good, Julieta! Pepa squeaked out, wiping her sweaty palms on the dress. Julieta and her wore matching colours for the sake of the wedding. Each dress was a sage green with some lighter green embroidery on it. As for the suits the groomsmen were wearing, they were almost the same as the suit Bruno had worn on our first official date. It's just that these suits were also a sage green.

It's Bruno's favourite colour, who am I to disagree? As the three of us scrambled around to finish getting ready, Dolores popped her head inside. "Abuela says it's time. Are you ready, Titi?" She asked.

I smiled and nodded and we all got in position.

The ceremony went like any other wedding. I walked out in front of the entire village in a special made suit, Bruno already had tears streaming his face, and Alma was stone-faced as I walked past. I, on the other hand, was grinning like a damn fool. The petals on the ground resembled Isabela's work, but the basket in Luisa's arms told me they worked together.

I took my spot next to Bruno and he had his excited little smile on his face. The ceremony was mostly a blur, besides the "you may now seal this marriage" and Bruno sweeping me into a dramatic position just to kiss my forehead.

"What, there are kids watching!" He said as I stood with a small smile and eye roll. I dragged him all the back to Casita where there was already a large gathering waiting for us. Most people left before us and Alma wanted the reception to be at home. We walked in with a synchronized skip  to the beat of a song Agustín was playing.

We danced the whole night away, even the older kids were allowed to stay for the party. Dolores let the younger ones sleep in her room, considering the sound-proofing. Every thing was perfect, Pepa was so at ease that there was a small breeze cooling us through the humid night.

At some point, I wandered to the roof with help from Casita. I sat there for awhile, just cooling off and recharging my social battery, when I heard the tiles clacking and a familiar grunt. I looked over to see my, now, husband positioning himself into a comfortable sitting manner. "What are you doing up here?" He asked, leaning onto me.

"Just felt crowded, everyone is too hammer- drunk to notice my short disappearance anyhow." I said with a slight grin, petting his hair.

He sat up and looked deeply into my eyes. "Why would you think that? I'm up here because everyone is looking for you. It's your wedding day after all."

"It's yours too- Bruno?" I was cut-off by him clutching his head in agony. For a second, nothing happened, then dirt and wind started picking up around us in a familiar fashion. His eyes flashed open and shined a brilliant green. "Bruno what's going on?"

"Surprise vision! It hasn't happened as often, last one I had was right before we met!" He yelled over the wind. I looked below us, nobody seemed to notice. I turned to watch the vision, but it was too dark for me to tell. I saw Bruno's figure a couple times, but that was it.

Once it was over, Bruno dropped to his knees, and I immediately dropped next to him. "Are you okay? What happened?" I asked, rubbing circles on his back. Without a word, he shoved himself into my arms for a hug. I obliged, still rubbing his back. "It's alright... you don't have ton talk about it, but if you ever do I'm here. Permanently." I smiled at him as he pulled away.

He scrubbed his face dry and then stood, taking my hand as he did. "Let's get back, I'm sure they're curious as to where we are."

Writers block is my 13th reason btw, so sorry this took forever and a half-