capítulo 7

I woke up the next morning without a rough pain in my back. I rolled over to turn off my alarm, and noticed I was in my bed, comfortably under the covers. I remembered I went to bed on the couch, but I must've moved to my room while half asleep or something. No way Bruno would move me, he was asleep before I was.

I pushed it out of my mind and started getting dressed for work. I put on a simple pair of black dress pants, white button up shirt, and a dark red sweater vest. I put a side part in my hair and put it into a French twist with a claw clip.

I put on mascara to keep my eyes lively and started putting my supplies into my side satchel. I finally walked out of my room and towards the table to get the papers. I saw them stacked in a neat pile on top of my work laptop. "Now I know for a fact I didn't do that." My phone alarm rang again, signaling it was time for me to leave. I set out my personal laptop and made a small note to Bruno.

'The password for my laptop is 0614, feel free to watch something on Netflix or YouTube or whatever. Do whatever to keep yourself entertained, I won't be home until around 6 or 7 pm. The charger is beside the TV. Food can be found in cabinets or the fridge. See you later!'

I stuck the note on the counter as I walked to put on my red flats. I then raced downstairs and hailed a cab, directing them to take me to the public school I teach at. On the ride there, I texted Rosemary and scrolled through my social media. 'Still no messages. I might as well just quit and lose my license.' I shoved my phone into my bag and watched as the buildings went by.

Shortly, the cab pulled up near the school zone. I paid them and clambered out, speed walking through the office doors and making my way to my room on the second floor.

I settled into my chair and got everything around for my lesson of the day. I noticed it was about 7:50 AM, so I stood outside my door to wait for my first period class. I greeted all the kids as the settled in before the 8 o'clock bell. I walked into my room as it rang and closed the door behind me, putting a large smile on my face. "Good morning class! I put in the exam grades last night, so you know what that means? New quarter, new lessons!" I pulled my chair over and sat in front of all of my tired students. "First, though, what did you all wish for during the star shower the other night?" I crossed my legs and leaned in with a smile.

They all looked between each other before one of the students in the front row spoke up, "Aren't you not supposed to keep wishes a secret so they come true?"

"W-well yes. Okay let me ask differently: did any of your wishes come true? Raise your hands if they did." Three out of 12 students raised their hands. "So what were they, if you're comfortable share that is?"

None of them answered, instead all of them avoided eye contact. "Did your wish come true, Professor Jones?"

"Hehe... well, yeah actually, and I told you guys you can call me Y/n!" I put my chair back and turned on my SmartBoard to start the lesson. "I wished for someone, and now I have a new roommate!"

☆-later on-☆

The bell rang to signal the end of the day and I packed up the extra things back into my bag. Then, I pulled out the assignments my students did and started to grade them, playing the Encanto soundtrack over my speakers. I know I should probably stop, considering I live with the Bruno Madrigal, but the songs just slap.

About two hours later, I finished grading everything. I packed everything up and locked my door, making my way to the busy city streets once again. Not being in a rush, I decided to walk home. I grabbed some pastries from a family owned bakery on my way back, planning to share with my new roommate.

I made it home an hour later, so I arrived a little after 6 PM, like I said in the note. When I unlocked the door and took off my shoes, I heard him before I saw him. "Y/n! Y/n, you'll never guess what I found. So I was going through that stuff that you left in the note, when I found out I can watch anything. And I found telenovelas!" He said excitedly, running up to me and showing me the show he was currently watching.

"Are you liking what you're watching? Is this all you've done?" I asked him, setting out the pastries and handing him one.

"U-um yeah? Was I supposed to do something else?" He said, genuinely asking. Then he took a bite of the food and looked down, eating the rest of it and grabbing another.

"No, no, not at all! I was just wondering is all. I'm glad you weren't here bored."

"Are you... gonna be gone like that again tomorrow?"

"Yeah, everyday until Friday, then it all over again on Monday. Everyday until summer break!"

"And you like that? Working for hours on end?"

"Well... yeah. I love teaching! I love influencing the youth of today." I said, putting on my teacher smile and getting ready to make dinner again. "You go watch your telenovelas, I'll call you out when I'm done."