capítulo 16

I've realized while writing this chapter that using outfits I've previously designed could be harmful to non-afab or others who don't see themselves in dresses or like them. I just like to draw dresses and work with different patterns of them. If you want the reader to wear something else, please let me know and I'll incorporate everything! I love you all so much and I love feedback! Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

Bruno inspected the dress after waiting a few minutes for the family to leave. "That's... it's definitely fabric." He struggled to say. I could tell he couldn't find the right words for it, considering the corset wasn't with it, I kept it on a shelf at the top of my closet. All he could see was the flimsy top and double-slit skirt.

"When you see the whole thing, you're going to love it."

"Like I loved the red dress?" He asked, giving me a sideways glance. I smirked and gently took the dress from him.

"Oh? How much did you love that dress?"

I started to fold up the navy blue one in my hands, when I noticed he wasn't responding. I looked up at him, about to speak, until I felt his warm lips against mine. "So-sorry. I couldn't think of words... so I-"

"It's okay, Bruno! You're my boyfriend now, you can kiss me whenever you want."

He didn't say anything, just blushed and tried to hide his face behind his hand. He avoided eye contact with me, moving his other hand to cover the rest of his face. "Ri-right. Your... your..."

"Boyfriend. You're my boyfriend." I emphasized, moving closer to him. I placed my hands on his, moving them away so I could see all of his beautiful features. "And I'm your partner. For as long as you'll have me." I placed a hand on his cheek and he leaned into it.

"I'll keep you forever." He whispered. I pecked his lips before pulling him into a comfortable hug.

☆~ that weekend ~☆

I woke up a little early and ordered some breakfast from Door-Dash. While I waited for it to arrive, I started packing a small bag. It had a photo album filled with pictures I had taken of Bruno's time here (and some Rose had taken), some telenovela scripts I was able to print off from online, and other various things I noticed he liked. I added sweatpants from his first night here and sat the bag on my bed.

I started getting ready for the dance as best I could without speeding up the process. I want everything to be perfect. I put some of my hair in rollers and got the dress pieced together on my bed, waiting for me to put it on. I put on some smudged eyeliner and admired myself in the mirror.

When I went to check the knock I heard on the door, Bruno was already getting it. He thanked the deliverer and turned to face me. His hair was a  knotted mess from sleeping, eyes still droopy and he was slightly hunched. "Well good morning Sleeping Beauty." I joked, ruffling his already messy hair as he sat the food on the counter.

"Huh? What does that mean?" He asked with a hoarse morning voice. I would've been flustered by it if I hadn't heard it plenty of times before.

"Just a modern day thing, it's not important. How did you sleep?" I started a small conversation with him as we started going through the food.

He picked out his half and left me mine, "it was alright. I was thinking about tonight, so it was a struggle. How was yours?"

"Hmm, well it was about the same. Although, I did have a dream. I saw you, outside of the public library, sitting on your knees. As I tried talking to you, you just slowly turned to look at me with a sad smile on your face and tears pouring from your eyes. And then... then you vanished." I blurted out.

Bruno furrowed his eyebrows, absorbing what I just told him. "So I... faded away? Without a word?" He took a bite and then swallowed, thinking some more. "I'm glad you aren't a prophet like me, cause then I'd be worried. I mean, dreams can carry meaning, of course, but I think yours just means you might be nervous. And anyway, that doesn't sound like me at all." Bruno rambled.

I smiled and shoved his food into his mouth to make him be quiet. "Just eat, pretty boy."

He sputtered at this, almost choking. "P-p-p-p-pretty- I- me? Pret-pretty? Pretty boy? I-"

"Shh, just eat, my dear." I said calmly, going over and rubbing his back. "No need to flustered over things."

"Me? Fluster? I would never. Never." He mumbled and continued to eat, a furious blush filling his face.

We finished eating and I checked the time. "I left an outfit for you on the couch. If you wanna try it on, it's there. Rose is bringing over some suspenders and some other things for you to try on to see if you'll like it. She might even bring a completely different outfit, who knows. I mean, she is the reason her kids are so fashionably inclined."

"R-right." He stood from the counter seat and walked over to the couch, inspecting the outfit. He made his way to the bathroom and I waited a bit for him to finish getting ready. "Y/n? How does this look?" He asked, stepping out of the room.

"It looks," I started as I turned. Once I saw him, I grinned. He was wearing one of my larger white turtlenecks and the same dress pants he had on the other week. "like it needs tucked in." I said, making my way over to him. He started frantically tucking in the shirt before I got there, pushing it all the way in.

He put his arms out to show me his work, "how's it look?" He asked me with a big, goofy grin on his face. All I did was chuckle and place my hands on his hips. "He-hey! That's not an answer!" He responded, flustered all over again.

I just smiled bigger and pulled out some of the shirt, making a baggy effect on him. "You just put in too much, darling. It was... funny." I said to him, fixing everything up. "But you look good, really good." I took in how the pants hugged his legs and the shirt hid his upper body.

I finally looked up into his face, it was mostly red by this point. His hand flew up to cover it, but I stopped him halfway through. I held his hands and leaned to peck his cheek. The skin was hot under my lips.

"It's time for me to get ready. If Rose comes over while I'm busy, just let her do her magic." I said with a wink.

I went to leave, but he squeezed the hand he wouldn't let go of. "Can you... can you do my hair? For this dance thing?" He asked, looking at the wall behind me.

I grinned and gave his hand a squeeze back. "Of course I can."