HELLO?

*At the club*
"I arranged a meeting with the Mayor for 10am tomorrow sir."  Greg informed

"Did you tell him we are picking the location?" I asked

"Yes boss"

"Make sure everything is put in place to conceal my identity"

"Yes boss"

"Get me the club manager. I need to know how it happened"

"Right away boss"

Though it was quite sad that a young lady who had come in search for a greener pasture died, I couldn't let the opportunity go away. I had always wanted to meet with the mayor but I hated when someone I was going to make a deal with had the upper hand. I had to be on top of the game to make the deal more favorable for me. His son' life and secret was now at my fingertips. Greg had gotten me a mask to hide my face whenever I was at the club. Making a whole dark room for that was a hassle at the club,a mask was a much easier way to do that. Greg soon walked in with the club manager.

"He's here boss"

Greg said as he moved away to the side leaving the manager standing right in front of me. He shivered in fear with his head bowed down

"Do you know me? Have we met before?"
I asked in curiosity wondering why he was shaking in front of me

"We...we haven't boss" he stuttered

"So why are you afraid, I'm not going to swallow you"

"I've....I've heard so much about you sir"

"Oh I see, it's okay, there's nothing to be afraid of. I need you to tell me everything that happened in detail without leaving anything out"

"He came into the club around 11pm last night and asked for one of the girls as usual. He had always asked for the same girl for the past three weeks and I just thought he fancied her. I never knew he drugged her whenever he took her to the hotel and the girl also hid it from me for fear of being punished. He was still with the girl at the club when she suddenly fainted, the other girls in the room screamed in fear and we had to call the doctor.  They were needle marks in her arm so we couldn't take her to the hospital, she died this tonight sir"

"Who else knows about this?"

"Asides the girls that were with them when it happened, nobody else sir. Thankfully, the noise from the loud music didn't let anyone outside the room hear. The other girls have been taken care of and won't utter a word about what happened"

"Okay, did he usually drug her here or at the hotel?"

"We placed hidden cameras in the room like you ordered sir, we were able to get a footage of him injecting her here before yesterday"

"Good, let me get the footage. Where's the boy?" I asked as I turned to Greg

"We locked him up in one of the  VIP rooms sir"

"Okay, keep him there till the meeting tomorrow. The outcome of the meeting will determine whether he will walk out of here alive."

"Yes boss" Greg replied

"Make sure no one knows about what happened. And the girls, do whatever you can to keep them from talking" I said to the manger

"Yes sir"

"Let's go" I said to Greg as I walked out of the room

Joan walked into her room in the hostel. Rose was drawing on a canvas beside her bed.

"Hey girl"

Rose said as she dropped her brush as she turned to Joan who was standing by the door while she took off her shoes

"So, how did your first date go?" She asked with a smile

"Well......" Joan said as she smiled shyly as she sat on her bed

"Come on, spill it already"

"He asked me out!"

"Oh my God! Are you serious? Rose asked in a pleasant surprise

"Mmh,mmm" Joan nodded

"Tell me , how did he do it? Was it at the restaurant?"

"We took a stroll after eating at the restaurant, he asked me out while at it"

"Awwnnnnn....I'm so happy for you girl, you finally got what you wanted. I give it to you this time, your persistence really yielded a good result"

"I know right, you have no idea how elated I am right now, I can't stop thinking about what he said, the way he said it. He was so sweet"

"So, was there  a goodbye kiss after he dropped you off?"

"Hmmm, he didn't drop me off. He suddenly got a call from his assistant and had to leave. It seemed urgent. I think it was business"

"He does something else asides lecturing?" Rose asked

"Yes, he told me he does other businesses outside school"

"What kind of business?"

"I don't know, he didn't tell me and I don't want to seem too inquisitive or like I'm prying into his private life"

"Girl, you are his girlfriend, you are a part of his private life now. Which girlfriend doesn't know what her boyfriend does for a living? You should ask him. If he loves you and really wants to be with you, he wouldn't hide anything from you or thinking you are nosy for asking about what he does"

"Hmm, okay I'll ask him when I get a chance to"

"Have you told him you are back safely? he must be worried"

"I told him to call me when he's done with what he had to do. I don't want to be clingy or anything"

"Joan, you are a free spirited woman, don't let this relationship take that from you. You are having too much I don't want to do this, I don't want to do that at the beginning of your relationship which I don't think it's good. Don't lose yourself because you are scared of how he will react or if it might cause a misunderstanding between you two. Those will come naturally and you can only get through it with communication. That's what's important so just do you okay?"

"I think you chose the wrong major, you should go into counseling or something" Joan teased

"Ah, I still can, it's not too late"

Joan's phone rang

"It's him" she said with a smile as she picked up the call

"Hey" Joan said

"Hey baby, I'm sorry for not calling sooner"

"It's okay, did you get the issue sorted out?"

"Hmm kinda, we'll know for sure tomorrow"

"I'm sure it will work out"

"Ah, now I have high hope after hearing you say that"

"Stop teasing" Joan said as she blushed

"I had a good time tonight, thank you for giving me a chance to share more amazing time like that with you"

"I had fun too"

"You should rest early"

"You too"

A gunshot suddenly sounded over the phone

"What was that?, Professor? Are you okay? What was that sound?!, Hello? Hello?" Joan exclaimed  in fear over the phone.
There was no response.