STILL PREGNANT

It had been six months since Joan lived at the old apartment. Greg told Kelvin she had vanished into thin air, it was really difficult for Kelvin to believe she could have slipped out of his hands and just disappear before his eyes but he had no reason not to believe him.
Kelvin had concluded it was all for the best since he was still at war with Arturo, it was better if she wasn't associated with him. Kelvin had vowed to find her when the dust settled.

"I hope she's doing well wherever she is"
Kelvin mumbled to himself

"You said what boss?" Greg asked as he drove

"Nothing, just thinking about Joan. I hope she's fine"

"I'm sure she's doing well. No news is good news you know"

"I just wish I could see her for once even if it was from a distance. I miss her, do you think she will ever forgive me for what happened?"

"Well.... That's really up to her but I don't think she will want to see you now even if we were to find her"

"It's fine, you don't need to find her at least not for now. Any news on Arturo?"

"No boss. I heard his boys are still supplying his clients though. They changed their whole routine"

"That old man is really being overly cautious after the mess he made. What a coward, hiding in the dark. Just wait till I find you Arturo"
Greg phone beeped. It was Joan, he quickly aborted the call anxiously

"Don't you need to pick that?"

"It's nothing boss, just one of the boys who wants an advance"

"Okay"

                     *Later in the day*
"I told you not to call unless I did Joan. Kelvin is really smart and gets suspicious easily, we have to be careful"

"I'm sorry, it was urgent"

"What's up? Are you okay?"

"It felt like I was going into labor the other time. I felt this movement in my belly and so much pain. The baby was really moving and I thought I was ready"

"When are you due?"

"In like two months"

"That's weird. Let me call the doctor for check up"

"Hmm okay. Did you eat dinner?"

"Why? Did you make something?" Greg teased

"Yes I did and it's really nice"

"Oh Joan, please I told you to stop cooking"

"Cmon, is my cooking that bad? I really followed the recipe this time"

"Thank you I'll pass. The last time you followed the recipe I had a running bowel for three days"

"It's really different this time. Trust me"

"Hello Dr Robert"

"Dr Robert isn't on the phone yet! You can't run away from this Greg!"

"Dr Robert can you hear me?!"

Joan smirked as Greg stepped out