HOME

*Three days later*
"And here we are!" I said as I dropped the boxes on the floor.
"Everything still looks the same" Joan replied as the walked around the house holding Willow's hand.
"Nothing's changed since you left. It had always been the same routine. This house was really empty without you. I'm glad you are back now."
"Mummy, are we going to be living here now?" Willow asked
"Yes baby"
"What about our former house with Uncle Greg?"
Joan and I stared at each other. I walked to where Willow was and bent in front of her as I held her two little hands.
"Baby, Uncle Greg has gone to do his business. You and mum will be living with daddy now. Don't you want to leave with daddy?"
"I want to. Can I play as much as I want?"
"Of course baby. It's all yours" I smiled at her as she smiled back running through the house.
"It does feel different with a kid" I said to Joan as we both laughed.
"You are in for it" she replied
" I just thought it will be better if you guys stay here with me.I don't want you to feel like you are being imprisoned again or something"
"It's fine, I understand"
"And if you need anything just tell the boys outside. They are here to protect you and serve you, they are my most trusted boys. I need to attend a meeting now, I'll be back for dinner. The cook will be here anytime soon."
"Okay, I'll just unpack in the mean time. Be safe" I nodded back in response
Willow! Come kiss daddy goodbye"
"Bye daddy!" Willow said as she ran towards me  kissing me on the cheek
"I'll be back home soon. Do you need me to get you anything?"
"I want sweets! Mummy doesn't let me have sweet" Willow whined
"That's because you are going to get cavity"
"Don't worry, it will be our little secret" I whispered to Willow as she giggled back
"What are you two plotting now" Joan said as she starts unpacking
                       *An hour later*
One of the boys guarding the house knocks on the door.
"Yes come in" Joan said as she sat on the bed folding Willow's cloth
"The cook is here Madam" he said
"Oh, okay I'll be right out. And please don't cLl me Madam, I'm Joan. You are?"
"My name is Micheal, Madam. We are only allowed to call you Madam"
"Suit yourself" Joan said ash she stands up from the bed to go out. She suddenly turns back to Micheal.
"Where's Willow?"
"Miss Willow is playing in the garden Madam"
"Miss what? Miss Willow?" Joan giggled
"Yes madam"
"I can't believe how Kelvin as being training you guys. She's only three for crying out loud. Y'all are going to start calling her Miss?"
"Doesn't matter her age, she's our boss' daughter. She's our little miss"
"I see" Joan continues walking as she keeps giggling
"Hello Madam. I'm Catherine, the cook"
"Nice to meet you, I'm Joan" Joan said as she stretched her hand for a shake. The cook bowed her hand instead
"I'm sorry madam. I dare not take your hand"
"What is wrong with everyone in this house! You can't even shake? It's fine. What are you making for dinner?"
"I was told to make a steak dish Madam"
"Okay that's fine but can you just make creamy steak fettuccine? Willow loves pasta. You can make other dishes you like with it"
"Okay madam"
"Thank you Catherine" Willow! That's enough play for the day. Get inside! You need to take a shower"
"I'll get her"
"Thank you Micheal"

                        *Later in the evening*
"Daddy!" Willow shouted in joy as she spread her arms out running towards me.It felt too good it was almost like a dream. I had a family to go back home to, had a daughter welcoming me with a smile. My empty house finally felt like a home. There was so much warmth and love, this was what I yearned so much for, never knew I could have but luck was on my mind this time and I was never letting go. I lost them once, I won't lose them again.
"My princess!" I picked her up as I threw her in the air. Joan smiled from afar as she watched.
"Hey" she finally said as I dropped Willow
"Hey, how's it going? Adjusting well?"
"Yeah, except that you turned all your workers to robot."
"They are just doing their job Joan. They are here to serve"
"But I still want to interact with them like human. If I wanted a robot, I'd get a robot. Imagine them calling Willow, Miss Willow"
"As they should, she's their boss' daughter. Let me quickly take a shower"
"Who am I even talking to?" Joan said as she shook her head.
"Can I set the table now Madam?"
"Yes please Catherine. Thank you"