GREG MEETS GEORGE

"Mr Greg?"

"Yes?"

"Sorry for keeping you waiting."

George said as he sat in front of Greg. He had received a message from Greg that he knew Joan. He knew that was the only way he could get his attention and also the only way to get rid of him.

"It's okay, I got here not long ago" Greg replied

"So how do you know Joan. I wondered where she had been after college. I tried looking for her but couldn't find her anywhere. She wouldn't tell me anything the day I met her, what happened to her?"

"If she didn't tell you what happened when you met her, I don't think it's in my right place to do that"

"So why did you ask to meet?"

"I called to meet to let you know where Joan stands. As it is she doesn't want to meet you and I would like you to respect her decision and not try to look for her. I'm sure when you saw her the other day, she wasn't looking like she needed help so you should know she's doing well and just move on like you have done all these while"

"If I may ask who are you to her? I saw a kid with her that day. Is she married? Are you her husband? Is that why we are having this conversation? If that is the reason then you don't have to worry about that. Joan made it clear already since college and whatever I feel for her is nothing more than the friendship we had since high school but I would still love to meet her, to catch up on old times at least"

"If you value your friendship with her like you said, I'm sure you would respect her decision. You are a fine gentle man and I believe you would behave as such. I want to believe I got my message across already. Have a great day"

Greg said as he stood up to live. George was left there looking more confused than he ever was. Why did Joan's husband have to meet him instead of Joan herself? What happened to her that made her avoid him so much? It certainly couldn't be because of his old feelings for her. These thoughts ran through George's mind as he watched Greg leave. More than ever, he wanted to meet Joan now, Greg didn't leave a good impression and the circumstances that surrounded Joan was just too suspicious for him to turn a blind eye

"Boss, I just met with George now. It's a dead end, he doesn't seem to know anything about her either"

"Are you sure? What if he isn't telling the truth. Do you think we should bring him in?"

"Boss, I don't think he's lying, he looked clueless too. Apparently, the last time they kept in touch was in college. Joan really did cover her trail, if someone did help her like you said I don't think it's someone we all know. We will need to take more time with this"

"I had a feeling he would know something about her. I guess they weren't that close. It's okay, come over to the house I need to go over some accounts "

"I'll be there soon boss"