THE STALKER

"Take one of the boys and check who it is" I whispered back to him trying to hide it from Joan. I didn't want her to start panicking, it was too early for them to start experiencing this kind of life. Micheal nodded back in response as he took one of the boys with him.
"Is there a problem?" Joan asked inquisitively
"No, they just need to attend to something real quick, they will join us soon"
"Okay" Joan said still looking behind her, I could see the curiosity on her face. I had to quickly take her attention from it.
"So!what are we getting today?" I said in a high tone smiling at Willow.
"I was thinking a few dresses and maybe shoes" Joan answered as I was able to finally take her attention off what was happening.
"Okay, I think I see a kids clothing store over there. Let's check it out"

"Hello, you are welcome to All Kids Store. Esther at your service, how may I help you today?"
"We'd like to check a few dresses"Joan answered
"You've come to the right place ma'am. We have a VIP suite if you'd like. You can take as much time as you want while shopping, you also get an exclusive access to our newest arrivals, refreshments also available while your princess tries on the dresses, we also...
"We'll take the VIP suite" I said interrupting the her. We were already spending too much time waiting, I needed to get Joan and Willow inside to know what was happening with the stalking.
"You didn't even let her finish. And aren't those things she listed the normal service in every boutique?What's the VIP all about?  It just sounds like a tricky way to get more money to me"
"My baby girl deserves the VIP treatment. Let's just get it"
The salesperson led us to a different room from the main store as a colleague brought a load of new clothes on a hanger rack.
"These are the new arrivals ma'am. Which would you like to try on first?"
Joan stood up from the couch as she checked the dresses on the hanger.

"I need to make a few phone calls. Will be right back" I said to Joan as I stepped outside
"Did you get anything?" I said to Micheal over the phone
"No boss. We are still looking around"
"No traces of who it might be?"
"Nothing for now boss"
"I'm outside the store. Come meet me now"
"Okay boss"
"I really hope it isn't who I'm thinking" I said soliloquizing. Micheal ran up to where I was standing.
"I don't think is one of our enemies or competitors boss. We would have seen traces of them, we couldn't get anything"
"How's Greg doing?"
"The last time I spoke to the boys watching him, he's still not awake"
"Call to ask again. Tell them to check his inside his room and confirm now"
"Right away boss"
I got back inside the store before Joan started getting suspicious. Willow had a beautiful dress on.
"And who is this beautiful princess?" I said with a smile trying to hide my worries. Things like this wouldn't faze me back in the day, I had experience even worse. But it was different with Joan and Willow involved, they were everything to me. I would lose my mind if anything happened to them.

"Daddy! Look at me" Willow said as she swirled in her beautiful dress
"You look so beautiful baby. Come give daddy a hug". Willow ran in for a hug as Micheal walked in. The expression on his face gave a bad feeling, I had to quickly step out.
"You look beautiful honey, try some other dresses okay?" I said to Willow as I pulled her out gently signaling to Micheal to walk out.
"I'll be right back" I said again to Joan who was now looking really confused

"There's trouble boss. The boys said Greg escaped"
"He did what?!!" I barked in anger
"I'm sorry boss, the doctor definitely told me he had a slim chance of surviving. I didn't think he would escape"
"And what was the boys doing? Wasn't it their job to watch him?" I was now fuming
"Apparently he escaped through the window and arranged clothes on the bed to disguise"
"I can't believe this" I said as I slammed the rail outside the store in anger, I gripped it so hard trying to contain myself. "We have to keep this from Joan, until we find him. Send as many boys as possible, they need to find him whatever it takes. Take the best ones, Greg worked with me for years, he's really smart and slick"
"Yes boss"

Joan had a feeling something was wrong. She couldn't concentrate on anything anymore. She knew Kelvin was hiding it from her,she needed to see him and get answers.
"I need to quickly check something outside. Can you change her back, we will take all the clothes we tried. Be right back" Joan said to the salesperson.
"Greg!Greg!!Greg!!!" I said again slamming hard
"What about Greg?" Joan asked from behind
It was over, there was no way I could keep this from her again. Maybe it was for the best anyway, I needed her to cooperate with everything from now on.
"Talk to me Kelvin, what about Greg?"
"He escaped from the hospital Joan"
"He did what? How? I thought.. I thought" Joan stuttered, she couldn't believe what she was hearing.
"I need you to calm down. I've sent my best boys to find him. He wouldn't dare do anything stupid okay? Are you done? Let's get out of here now. Where's Willow?" I said as I looked around looking for her
"Willow? I left her inside" Joan said absentmindedly still trying to grasp on the situation. She suddenly looked at me in fear as I understood immediately what the expression was for.
"Willow!" We both shouted.

                                   *Author's note*
A big shout out and thank you to everyone who's been following my book. I see your votes and reads, you guys are a big motivation and I'm glad you enjoy my book, let me know what you think about this chapter and the book so far. Keep supporting your girl, thank you!