KELVIN MEETS WILLOW

"I have a daughter and I never knew. I just let you go through the struggle and pain alone" I said in a sad tone
"It's not your fault Kelvin, I kept it from you. Even if we had our fight I shouldn't have involved her. I'm sorry"
"No, it's my fault. What happened back then was really terrible. I hurt you so bad Joan, you lost your best friend because of me. You have suffered the years because of me. I'm sorry about everything, I know sorry doesn't really cut it at this point but I'd do anything to make it up to you. I promise Joan, I won't let you suffer anymore, I love you. You are the only woman I've loved all my life and I'll continue to do so. I know I can't do anything about the past but I promise our future will be better" I said again as I gripped her hand in mine, tears in both our eyes. I reached out to give her a kiss on the forehead.
"Mummy!" Willow shouted as she ran towards the bed with Alice behind her. Her smile lit up the room and I couldn't help but smile and wondered how this beautiful adorable princess was mine, she was so beautiful, she had Joan's eyes,so pure,so beautiful. My love for her grew more each second. Guess my life wasn't all that miserable after all, if I had the both of them in my life, I needed nothing more. This was more than enough.
"My baby!" Joan responded as she lifted her up. Both smiling beamingly at each other.
"The nurse called me that you was awake so I decided to bring Willow. I hope we didn't disturb anything" Alice said teasing
"Alicceeee" I replied shyly
"Okay. I'm going to shut my mouth. How are you feeling now girl?"
"Much better. I should be able to go home soon"
"Oh that's great. You really gave us all a scare hon. I'm glad you are fine"
"Thank you Alice, for taking care of Willow and the other things"
"Cmon we are sisters. Just take good care of yourself. I'd head out now, don't wanna be a third wheel here." Alice said again as she grabbed her bag to leave.
"What are you saying?" Joan replied rolling her eyes
"By the way, I can really see the resemblance" Alice whispered to Joan in her ear
"Alice" Joan whispered back as she pinched Alice lightly. Alice gave a low sound like she was in pain.
"Bye Aunty Alice" Willow said adorably
"Bye sweetheart. Take good care of mummy okay?" Willow nodded in response as Alice walked out of the ward. Joan cleared her throat like she was about to say something really important. She sat up and put Willow on her lap.
"Erm baby, do you remember what I told you about daddy?" Willow nodded
"Daddy is back baby." Joan said as she pointed at me, looking at how Willow reacted. We both were anxious about how she was going to react.There was a moment of silence as Willow stared at me like she was trying to remember my face.
"Hi daddy" she said with a soft low voice and I felt a moment of peace I had never felt in my life. I felt a sense of accomplishment I never knew I needed. She called me daddy, I could die peacefully that moment.
"Hi Willow" I responded with a smile
"Where have you been? You left me and mummy alone. We missed you" she said again
"Ermmm... I..." for the first time in my life I had no answers. I didn't know what to tell her, it was my first time meeting. I looked at Joan who quickly came to my rescue.
"Daddy traveled honey. He just came back"
"Yes" I said to back her up as we both smiled nervously, hoping she didn't ask another question. Willow signaled her mom to put her down in front of me. She hugged me as she wrapped her tiny arms around my waist, placing her head on my stomach.
"I missed you daddy. I thought I was never going to see you"
Joan bursted into tears that moment, I tried to fight back mine. It was so much of an emotional moment, a moment I wasn't prepared for, the emotions kept rushing in.
"I'm sorry baby. Daddy won't leave again" I said as I lifted her up to my shoulder,she wrapped her hands around my neck.
"You promise?"
"I promise baby. Daddy is going nowhere without you"
Joan wouldn't stop crying. I held her hand with one hand as I held Willow with the other.
"We will be fine, I promise. I'd protect you both" I reassured her
She nodded back