THE OLD APARTMENT

"Boss" Greg announced his presence as he entered my office

"Come in Greg. How is she?" I asked

"She will be fine. She just needs to rest"

"But she didn't find out you were following her right?"

"No boss"

"Okay, still keep an eye on her"

"What about Arturo?"

"I'm on it, don't worry"

Greg nodded back as he left the room. He felt bad for lying to Kelvin, it was the first time he lied or hid something from him. He couldn't understand why he would go this far to protect a woman he wasn't close to but he just wanted to protect her at all her cost, even if it meant betraying his boss. He convinced himself he was doing it for the good of everybody.

Greg headed down to where Joan was. He had kept her in an abandoned apartment where he and Kelvin started from. He knew she was save there cos Kelvin hated the place. It reminded him of his dad's death so there was no way he was coming anywhere near there . Joan opens the door as she heard a knock, she was looking much better than she did two days ago.

"I guess you finally listened to the doctor" Greg said as he placed the two bags in his hands on the kitchen table

"What do you mean?" Joan asked

"You look much better"

"What's in there?" Joan said pointing to the bag on the table

"Oh yeah, so I figured you might need some toiletries and groceries. I don't know your preference so I pretty much got a little of everything"

"Why are you doing this? You don't even know me that much"

"Well like I said, I'm only protecting you in stead of my boss"

"I don't need his protection"

"Okay, let's just say I'm doing it because I want to. How about that?"

"Hmmm, thanks". Joan said reluctantly as she checks the content in the bag

"So what do you think?"

"You bought pads?"

"Isn't that one of your important you know"

"Not for a pregnant woman"

"Oh sorry didn't know that" Greg said as he giggled awkwardly

"Of course you didn't"

"Did you eat?"

"I don't have an appetite"

"You should eat something Joan. You need to stay healthy for the baby"

"I thought my mom was the worst nag in the world."

"I'll fix something for you. You should eat"

"Are you sure Kelvin wouldn't find me here?"

"Trust me, he's never coming here."

"Why can't he come here?"

"Let's just say he hates this place enough to not want to hear about it"

"Hmm, that's good then. This might be my favorite place"

Greg gets a call. It was Kelvin

"Boss"

"Where are you?" Kelvin said over the phone

"I just stepped out to grab something to eat"

"Okay, make it quick. I need you here"

"Coming boss"

"Do you ever have time for yourself? Like a day off or weekends or even vacations?"

"Those are luxuries we can't afford in this line of work. The moment you are off the grid,someone is there to replace you immediately"

"Hmm you snooze you lose"

"Exactly. Let me quickly fix something for you. I have to leave soon"

"It's okay, I can do that myself"

"No I'll just quick..."

"Don't worry, it's fine. Just go, I wouldn't want your boss to start getting suspicious of anything. Is too early for that don't you think?"

"Are you sure you will be fine?"

"I will, just go"

"Okay, but make sure you eat okay?" Greg said as he grabbed his coat hurriedly

"God, you nag too much."