BABY WILLOW

"Arrrgghhhhh!"Joan let out a loud moan as the cup slipped out of her hands. Greg heard the noise from the kitchen and rushed in to check what was happening. It was time, Joan water had broke.
"Greg" Joan whispered with a nervous look, she shouted again in pain. Greg quickly grabbed her hand and let her out of the kitchen

"It will be fine, just let out a deep breath, just breath in and out, breath in breath out. We'll take a step at a time okay? You'll be fine"

"Okay,okay but my legs are heavy" Joan was covered in sweat as the main entrance out now seemed farther than it usually was

"We are almost there" Greg's phone rang, it was Kelvin

"Oh God, not now. Joan I need you to hold it in for a sec, it's Kelvin and he will ask questions if I don't pick the call now, I'll end the call as soon as I can okay?"
Joan nodded back as she pressed her lips together

"Boss"

"Where are you? I need you to run some supplies. We have an emergency demand and I don't want any of the boys knowing about it. It's confidential"

"Ehhh....I'm in the hospital!" Greg said nervously without thinking

"Hospital? Who's sick?"

"Me, I must have ate something really bad, my stomach won't stop running"

"Okay, make sure you are fine and come to the warehouse soon"

"Yes boss"

"Can we go now?" Joan whispered

                   *Later at the hospital*
"Are you really sure you don't want him to know?"

"We spoke about this already Greg. I won't put my baby's life in danger like I did with Rose. I won't make that same mistake, the thoughts that Rose died because of me still haunts me. I won't let that happen"

"But you still love him, don't you?"

"It doesn't matter"

Greg was a little sad about Joan's response. The times he had spent with Joan was enough to confirm his feelings he felt for the first time that night when she was drunk. He was sure he had fallen in love with her and wished she would see him the same way he did, but Joan was still very much in love with Kelvin even if she denied it.

"So have you thought of a name for the baby?" Greg changed the topic

"Willow" Joan said with a smile as she stared at baby Willow in her arms

"That's a beautiful name, she looks so much like you"

"You think?"

"Mmh...mmm"

"That's good then"

"I need to go now but I'll be back soon to clear the bills and get you home"

Joan nodded back as Greg stood up to leave

"Greg?"

"Yes?" He turned

"Thank you"

He smiled back

                     *Back at the club*

"You are late" I said to Greg as we walked to the VIP room.

"Sorry boss, had to quickly clear some things"

"Is there something I should know? You have been all over the place lately"

"No boss, everything is fine. I'll do better"

I paused as I turned to look at him

"You wouldn't hide anything from me right?"

"Of course not boss"

"Good" I said as I patted him by the shoulder

Greg felt bad for lying to Kelvin all these while, he wondered how long he could keep up with the lie, he imagined how his reaction would be if he knew he had a child with the only woman he ever loved. But that same woman he also was in love with. If Joan really wanted Kelvin, he wasn't sure enough if he would let him, even if he wasn't there yet with Joan, he still cherished the relationship they had, a relationship that would be gone once Kelvin was back in the picture, you could call it selfish but Greg was ready to be this time and was prepared for whatever would come.

"Boss" Everyone said in unison as they stood on their feet.

"You can sit. Arturo is still in hiding but his boys are doing business day in day out. As long as he still gets his supply he won't move from his comfort zone. We need to force him out, he has to pay for what he did"

"I had one of the boys follow one of his. Arturo is preparing to start making his own products. We ran some intel, he's meeting with some big drug lords in Italy. Arturo is trying to go out of border boss, he's been making moves in hiding all along. If we do not stop him, he will become untouchable once the Italians got his back"

Peter was right, Arturo was really planning big, he wasn't only going over the whole city, he was going out of border. I had replaced Marvin with Peter after his betrayal.

"I see the old man is getting really ambitious and greedy for his age. We need to ruin his relationships with the Italians lords. They only believe in solid business and solid business means solid supply. Not a 99%, a 100%.

"What's the plan boss?"

"You said he's planning to building his own factory to make products himself right?"

"Find the factory, let's get him a little gift for his new business. A new business needs some luck after all"