NEW DEVIL

"I'm sorry but your name doesn't ring a bell" Joan said

"That's sad, how could my name not ring a bell.I'm really hurt"

"Mr Arturo I'm really busy right now, I have to go. So could you please be quick with what you have to say?"

"We need to meet"

"For what reason? I don't even know you"

"You will know when we meet.  It's something that's got to do with Kelvin. So where's it going to be? Your place or mine?"

"Come meet me at my office by noon. I'll send the address"

"No you don't have to. There's nothing hidden in this line of business. We'll meet by noon"

Joan paused for a minute before calling Micheal. She kept wondering who this person was who seemed to know her.

"Yes Micheal, do you know anyone called Arturo by chance? If he worked with Kelvin or his relationship with him."

"Arturo? Boss didn't really give us much information about his clients. The only person who knew as much as he did was Greg. The only Arturo I know is our biggest competitor The Arturo Family, could he be the one?"

"Why would someone like that want to see me. Did Kelvin have any business with them? They were both rivals I don't think they would have had that kind of relationship"

"I'll try to make my findings and get back to you soon ma'am"

"Please do. Thank you Micheal"

"Yes ma'am"

"And when you finish sorting out the goods, deliver to Mr Spencer first, he's been blowing o my phone off all morning"

"Right away boss"

                             *Later at noon*
"Ma'am, Mr Arturo is here to see you" the secretary announced to Joan over the phone

"Let him in"

"Miss Peterson, it's so nice to meet you again."

"Joan please" Joan said as she was trying to sign the last file on her desk before welcoming Arturo. She raised up her head and was bewildered by who stood in front of her. It was him, the man that had kidnapped her and Rose. He killed Rose, he made her life miserable.

"It's so nice to see this place running well even without Kelvin. You must really miss your uhmmm husband, I'll just call him that, that's more convenient.I don't know if you remember me but..." Arturo was interrupted as Joan's phone rang. Joan was glad that moment, she quickly took her phone as she turned her back to answer.

"Yes Micheal" Joan said in a low wavering voice

"Boss, I just got a shocking information about Arturo. Apparently he was the one responsible for the arson case years ago. The place we went to that day to save boss and your daughter. The kidnap and arson that happened to you and your friend was all Arturo's doing. I had just join the family then so I wasn't familiar with what happened back then. Madam you need to stop your meeting with...."

"I'll call you back Micheal. Thank you"

Joan said aborting the call. Joan felt so much anger,hatred and resentment that moment. Her body shook as she tried to suck in her tears and hide her emotions. She had finally met the person who made her life miserable, she needed to deal with this with a clear head and not show her emotions in front of him. She knew Arturo came to test her and saw how she was going to react, she wasn't ready to let him see her as an easy weak person. She took a deep breath as she turned her back with a fake smile walking to where Arturo was seated.