JOAN's ESCAPE

Joan couldn't stop the tears has it flowed freely from her eyes. She couldn't believe what was happening to her, the only person she had relied on and thought of as a friend turned out to be an obsessed person. Just when she thought she was finally getting her life back together. Why was she so unlucky? Why does the bad things only happen to her at the end? Joan questioned herself as she covered her mouth with her hand not wanting to wake Willow who was first asleep on the bed. Joan stood up suddenly from the bed as she wiped her tears with the back of her hands.

"It's enough. I'm done hiding, I'm going to fight back this time. I'm not going to let you win Greg, I won't"

Joan said to herself as she racked her brain to think of her next step. There was no way she could reach anyone outside. Greg took everything from her and shouting wasn't going to help either. An idea finally came to her mind.

"Let's go to the club. I need to check something quickly"

I said to Greg as I sat in car. He looked absentminded as he stared blankly at the car steering.

"Greg? Greg?" I tapped him gently on the shoulder

"Yes... yes boss"

"What is wrong with you? You have been off all day. Do you need to take some time off, do you feel sick?"

"No, I'm fine boss. Was just lost in thought for a moment. Where are we going boss?"

"Are you sure you are fine? You should get a check up"

"I will boss"

Greg knew he couldn't lock Joan up for long. He needed a plan, a plan that would make Joan his for life, a plan that would take her away from Kelvin and George totally but he had to leave too if he was going to take Joan anywhere, how was he going to leave the cartel without Kelvin getting suspicious. If he had to leave, it had to be as natural as possible. There was only one option.

"To the club"

Greg revved the car engine.

Joan took all the blankets she could get in the house and tied them together, she was going to throw the long tied blanket down and escape from the window but it wasn't going to be easy since she had to carry Willow as she made her way down. Nevertheless, she was going to do anything she had to, to leave the house. She was afraid of what Greg might do again, if he could lock them both in without blinking an eye there was no limit to what he could do to them if she refused to listen to him.
Joan finally made enough ties, she let down the blanket, wrapped Willow around her with another blanket and slowly made it down to the ground . Joan shook in fear as she looked down to the ground that seemed so far away, she could only hope the burglary she tied the blanket to was strong enough to hold them both.
She finally made it down, breathing heavily as she ran out to Alice's cafe.

"Oh my God, Joan are you okay?"

Alice rushed  towards Joan, she looked exhausted as she held Willow in one arm breathing heavily.

"I'm not okay Alice. Greg locked us in"
Joan said still panting

"What do you mean Greg locked you in. He didn't know you were in?"

"Greg is obsessed with me and Willow, Alice. He locked us in because I wouldn't accept him to be Willow's dad. He wants us to be together"

"Wait a minute, I know he's really been into you but why would you lock you in because you told him you don't feel the same way. That's creepy"

"He seized my phones and computer. He didn't want me to get help from outside. I don't think he told me the whole truth about Kelvin. Alice, I think Greg has been hiding us from Kelvin intentionally for himself"

"I still can't wrap my head around this. I can't believe the sweet Greg turned out to be a creepy weirdo. You shouldn't be here right now, if he gets to the house and can't find you both, this place will be his next stop. You should leave now"

"I've been hiding Alice. I don't have anywhere to go"

"You should go to my house. He doesn't know where I live and if he comes here I'll just pretend I don't know what's going on, okay?"

"Thank you so much Alice"

"You will be fine....Oh my God!" Alice looked terrified

"What's that?"

Joan asked as she turned to look at the direction Alice looked. There he was, running towards the cafe.

"Greg" They both whispered in fear