InFLAMMABLE

Dear readers,
I've been off grid for a long while now unable to continue writing as I lacked the will and motivation to go on. But going through your comments lately gave me all the motivation I needed. I appreciate your love for my work and the comments you guys left me, I hope to see more of them. I'll keep uploading more chapters from now on. Thank you all so much, you all are special!!!

Joan couldn't believe it was Kelvin. How did he find them? As much as she was confused about Kelvin's sudden appearance, she was relieved at the same time. At least she wouldn't have to get dragged away by Greg. Greg was shocked at the sight of Kelvin, that was the last person he expected to see. He started panicking as Kelvin walked closer, sensing the fear in him Joan quickly freed herself from his grip, taking Willow into her arms as she kept a distance from him.

"Boss, I...I was.." Greg stuttered
"You what?" I said as I moved closer, I had wished my intuitions about Greg weren't true, he was my right hand man who I trusted for years. As I followed him I had hoped I was totally wrong, but the sight before me only proved me right. There he was, standing with the woman I missed so much, the woman I had looked everywhere for. So much emotions ran through me that moment as the steps I took felt longer.
"I was bringing her to you Boss. I found her!" Greg chuckled nervously trying so hard to hide his intentions.
"Bringing her to me? I thought you couldn't find her"
"Yes boss, I got an intel and had to quickly rush here to confirm"
"Why don't you drop the act Greg. Don't you think it's too late to keep fooling me now?"
With Greg realizing he had no other option, he pulled out the gun in his pocket and grabbed Joan who was behind him. With one of his arm around his neck, he pointed the gun at Joan with the other hand holding her hostage.
The fear I hadn't felt in years gripped me. If there was anything I was scared of the most at that moment was losing Joan again, each of this incident only brought me to more realization of how much I had loved this woman, how much I had missed her and how much I still love her.
"Drop the gun Greg!" I barked at him in annoyance as I clenched my fist.
"Do you think you have any right to shout at me right now? I'm the one with the gun as you can see"
"Why are you doing this? If you have any grudge against me let's talk it out. Leave her out of this" I said calmly
"Oh no, I'm not going to leave her out of this cause she is the main reason why I'm in this in the first place"
"What are you talking about?" I asked
"While you were on your high horse, playing the mafia boss, I was the one who took care of her, I protected her, I gave her my love!"
"Your love?"
"Yes my love! I love her, you don't deserve her, the only thing you have done all through the years is make her cry and suffer"
Joan whimpered as tears rolled down her eyes. Seeing her in this situation broke me, I should have tried harder. I was too caught up with work and couldn't set my priority straight. I should have looked for her myself.
"We were happy, we were such a happy family. You should have kept playing the boss and just let us be."
"Greg, calm down. We can talk this out, what do you want?"
"First off, drop all the weapons you have. I know you don't go out without one. Drop them gently and pass them to me."
I took out all the weapons I had gently as I raised both hands up, kicking them towards him with my leg.
"Don't you dare move an inch. I'll blow her head off if you do" Greg said as he walked backwards towards his car still holding Joan tightly. Alice was at the corner with Willow in her arms. Greg pushed Joan inside the car as he ran quickly to the driver's seat, zooming off.
I quickly got into my own car as I called the boys at the warehouse for backup. Greg sped off like a maniac as I followed behind trying to catch up. Greg's car suddenly started making swerves causing it to run into the pillar of the bridge in front. The car tumbled causing it to turn upside down. I hit the brake as I watch the car catch fire right in front of my eyes. I felt a cold shiver of fear as I froze on my seat,  staring blankly as the fire kept increasing
"Joan... Joan" I whispered softly as I finally was able to move. I unbuckled my seat belt as I ran towards the blazing fire.
"JOAN!!!!"