MISSED APPOINTMENT

"What would you like sir?" The barista asked as I stared blankly outside. It had been years since I came here, I dreaded coming all these while because it reminded so much of her, of us. The memories we made together, I still couldn't believe she had vanished into thin air, even Greg couldn't find her. She must have tried so hard to hide from me.

"I hope she doesn't hate me too much" I whispered to myself

"Sir?" The barista tapped the table gently.

"I'm sorry, a cup of cappuccino thank you"

The barista had changed, so much had changed, I was the only one still stuck in the past. My phone rang, it was Greg.

"Did you find anything?" I asked over the phone

"We found Arturo boss"

"You found him??? I'm on my way. Call a meeting immediately" I sprang up from my seat as I rushed out of the coffee shop

"Hey,welcome" the barista greeted with a smile

"How is it going?" She replied

"Going well, I just feel like my dad keeps avoiding coming here these days. He's been going fishing with his friends"

"Ehh, you should cut him some slack, he was always here alone when I was still in school, it's time for him to relax"

"Well you could say so. You didn't bring Willow?"

"Nah, I left her with my babysitter"

"Babysitter? You mean Greg?"

"Who else?"

"You should give that man a chance Joan, have you seen the way he looks at you"

"Greg isn't someone I can have that kind of relationship with I told you times without number already, Alice. Besides, I don't feel anything of such towards him. Love is a luxury I can't afford right now. I have a baby to care for now"

"If you say so"

"You made cappuccino? For who? I don't see anyone?" Joan said as she looked around the shop

"A young man ordered for it a while ago but he suddenly ran out before I was done. He seemed to be in a hurry"

"Probably"

"The usual?"

"Yes to go please" Joan said with a smile as she stared at the cup of cappuccino. She had stopped drinking that since what happened between her and Kelvin and she had thought she forgot him already but a little cup of coffee suddenly reminded her of him.

"There you go"

"Thank you. See you later"

"Hmm, take care of yourself, kisses to Willow"