A BIGGER ENEMY

Alice got home later that night, she was glad Joan was finally calm as she sat beside Willow who was playing with her toys on the bed.

"Isn't it past her bedtime already?" Alice queried as she got out of shower pointing to Willow

"It is, but she won't just sleep no matter what I do and I don't want her crying. That's the last thing I want right now, when she's tired she will go to sleep"

"Are you okay? Did you eat dinner?"

"I'm okay, I grabbed something earlier"

"So what do you plan to do now? You can actually stay here for as long as you want but Greg might find out soon. We can't exactly say my place will be safe for too long. You need to get a place where he will not be able to get to you even if he knows"

"But I don't have that kind of place. George will be more than happy to help but I can't get him involved with Greg. He's no match for him and they clearly can't stand the sight of each other"

"Hmmm..... don't call me crazy okay? But what about Willow's dad. You told me he's Greg's boss, if there's anyone who could stop him now I think he is the only person"

"Kelvin??!!! You want me to go to Kelvin after everything that's happened? Alice, Rose died because of him, he lied to me about his identity. He's as dangerous as Greg if not more"

"But I know he would never go berserk like Greg did. And I also know he wouldn't hurt you or his daughter. Sometimes Joan, we just have to join hands with an enemy to fight a bigger one. Kelvin is the only person who can help you now and if you aren't going to do it for yourself you should do it for Willow. Besides, both father and daughter deserve to know each other"
As much as Joan disagreed with Alice, she was right. Kelvin was the only person who could stop Greg and she needed to protect Willow. Her life was really funny, the same guy she did so much to hide from was the same person she needed now desperately. She looked at Willow who was now fast asleep

"Baby what do you think? should we go ask   daddy for help? she whispered as she gently brushed her hands through Willow's tiny face.

Greg was going crazy already as he scrambled everywhere looking for Joan. He knew Joan had nowhere to go so he didn't know how to start looking for her. He had confronted Kelvin and he knew he wasn't going to sit still. He had to get to them before him to get an upper hand.

"What if she goes to Kelvin? No she won't, she won't right? She hates him. There no way she would ever go to Kelvin. Greg, just breath in and breath out. You just need to find them and everything will be alright. Yes,that's it" Greg said soliloquizing

He grabbed his car key as he thought of driving around the neighborhood to get any clue. He suddenly remembered Alice again, she was the only person who could help Joan at this point.

"Her house!" Greg exclaimed as he hit the brake suddenly. He gave an evil smile of satisfaction as he made a U-turn to Alice's cafe.

"So.....Have you decided?" Alice asked Joan as they both sat at the dining table eating breakfast. It was morning already, Joan needed to take action.

"I really don't know if it's the right thing to do Alice"

"This isn't the time to think of your pride or hatred for Kelvin, don't you want to protect your daughter? Do you want her to end up with a man like Greg? You would rather keep your pride huh?"

"It isn't about that, will Kelvin accept us? will he agree to help us?"

"Girl, what are you talking about? Did you see his face when he saw you at the cafe? His eyes lit up at the sight of you, anyone could tell how happy he was to see you not to talk of how he ran after you like a mad dog. Of course  he will be willing to help. You really need to move fast now Joan, I'm really worried for you both, for all we know Greg might be on his way here already"

And Alice was right, Greg got Alice's address already and he was on his way to her place. Joan thought of how to reach Kelvin, asides his house she never knew any other place.

"Okay to his house then. At least Greg can't just get into his house. Let's go" Alice stood up to leave

"Wait, are you sure this is right?"

"You know what? Why don't you just give me the address and I'll take Willow with me. You can wait here and have a cup of coffee with Greg when he comes. How about that?" Alice said with a sarcastic tone

"Okay, let's go" Joan said reluctantly

"Hurry, I'll grab Willow, just get your things"

"Okay" Joan grabbed everything she could quickly as she stuffed them into the bag. All of a sudden, a loud bang came from the door. Both Alice and Joan froze as they both looked at each other.

"There's a bell why would anyone need to bang the door?" Alice's voice quavered as she spoke with a low tone. The fact that they both knew the answer and who it was.............