A CALL FOR WAR

Why won't you pay listen to me, Kelvin?" Joan lamented.

"What do you expect me to listen to, Joan? You're practically asking me to give up my business, the result of all my hard work and dedication. It's as if you're asking me to give up on life itself."

"Why won't you stop and consider the growing danger of this situation? Arturo is constantly plotting against you, and we witnessed what he did at the engagement party recently. There are other competitors out there too, waiting for an opportunity. Kelvin, I'm scared. I fear for you, Willow and myself. The memories of Greg kidnapping her are still fresh in my mind, and it fills me with the same fear and anxiety I experienced back then."

"I assure you, Joan, as long as I'm here, both you and Willow will be safe," I said, gently gripping her shoulder in an attempt to provide reassurance.
Deep down, I had always anticipated a day like this, knowing that Joan would struggle to fully adapt to this lifestyle. Nevertheless, my business and family meant the world to me. If Arturo intended to pressure me into giving up my family to quit, I was ready to confront him directly.

"I'm at a loss for words. Just do whatever you want," Joan responded, storming out of the room in frustration.

Shortly after, Michael entered the room, appearing anxious and perplexed

"What's the matter?" I demanded as soon as Michael entered the room.

"Boss, there's trouble. The Bowey warehouse caught fire," he replied, his voice trembling with fear.

"What?! How did this happen?!" I shouted in anger and disbelief.

"One of our boys... he was apparently sent by Arturo. He infiltrated the warehouse posing as one of the new recruits," Michael explained nervously.

Frustration boiled within me. "Why is everything falling apart? How could we not have known about a mole among us? What is wrong with everyone!" I barked, my anger causing me to sweep everything off the table.
Trying to regain my composure, I took a deep breath and asked, "How severe is the damage?"

"It's... it's all gone, boss. The warehouse is completely burnt to the ground," Michael replied solemnly.

The loss of our biggest warehouse fueled my rage even further. I was left wondering how we would manage our supplies now, but I knew I had to find a way to confront Arturo and deal with this situation.

The scream I let out expressed the intense mixture of pain, anger, and hatred coursing through me.

"Boss," Michael called out, attempting to calm me.

"Arturo wants a war, and he's about to get one," I declared with determination.

"Give me your orders, boss," Michael responded firmly.

"Get all the boys ready. Empty our entire arsenal, and if necessary, acquire more from our supplier. Inform the underbosses that we're going to war," I commanded.

"Yes, boss! And what about Madam and the young mistress?" Michael inquired.

"I'll personally take them to my safe house before joining you guys. I don't trust anyone at this point," I replied, fully aware of the stakes and the need to protect my family at all costs. The time for action had come, and we had to face Arturo and his forces head-on.

"Kelvin, what's happening? I heard your scream from the other room," Joan asked anxiously as she rushed into the room. She glanced at Michael, who hurriedly passed by, leaving her even more curious.

"We need to leave, baby. Get your things," I replied urgently.

Confusion and concern were evident on her face as she questioned further, "What's going on?