A NEW BOSS

"The shipment is here boss" Micheal announced

"Oh that was really quick" A voice responded, walking down the stairs. It was Joan.

"So what do we do next ma'am" He asked again

"What else? Make deliveries of course. Our clients must be waiting"

"Okay boss" Micheal bowed as he turned to leave

"And Micheal, give all the workers their allowances for the past months"

"That's so kind of you ma'am"

"It's what I should do, it's what Kelvin would have wanted"

"I'm sure he's proud of you ma'am"

"Mummy! I'm ready for school" Willow shouted as she ran down the stairs

"Honey, you look beautiful. Did you say thank you to Mrs Catherine?"

"Yes mummy" she replied with a smile

"Let's have breakfast" Joan and Willow walked to the dining as Catherine set the table.

"Thank you" Joan said in a low tone.

"Enjoy" Catherine responded

"Mummy" Willow called

"Yes my love"

"Are we going to see daddy today?"

"Yes, we will be going after school."

"Can I wear my little black dress. Daddy bought the dress for me"

"Of course baby. I'm sure daddy will be happy to see you in the dress"

"Will we get him flowers too?"

"Definitely. Eat your breakfast, you will be late for school"

A call came in, Joan excused herself from the table.

"Hello Mr Spencer, good morning. Yes, yes, you will definitely be getting your goods today. My boys are at work already, don't you worry. No problem, have a great day" Joan said with a smile as she got off the phone

"Seems it's going to be a busy day" Catherine said

"Honestly, there's so much to do today. The new shipment needs to be sorted and the clients are so eager to get their goods. I just hope I'm able to make it on time to go see Kelvin with Willow. I don't even know anymore"

"You are doing just fine ma'am, trust me it will get better" Catherine said with a warm reassuring smile

"Thank you Catherine. You all make this a little easier for me. I wouldn't have made it this far without you guys. I need to hurry now, please take care of Willow"

"No problem"

"See you later honey, be good at school okay?" Joan said as she kissed Willow goodbye. She made a stop at Kelvin's picture on the shelf, it was his picture with Willow. Joan took a deep sigh as she stretched her hand to touch Kelvin's face on the picture

"I miss you so much. We all do" Joan whispered as tear dropped from her eyes. She took another sigh as she wiped her tears and walked out of the house.

Life wasn't so easy without Kelvin. She needed him more now than ever, she had never felt so lonely but she needed to be strong. She was the new boss now and had to keep things running. They were a lot of people who depended on her for their means of livelihood.
Another call came in as Joan was about to start her car. It was an unknown number, she wondered who it might be.

"Hello, Joan speaking, who am I on to?"

"A good friend of your husband or should I say your baby father since you guys were never married" the voice sounded like a man in his late 50s. Joan wondered which friend of Kelvin was this old.

"I'm sorry I don't know you and Kelvin never mentioned you to me"

"Ah pardon my bad manners. I forgot to introduce myself. You can call me Arturo"

"Arturo?"