JOAN's BIRTHDAY

*Three weeks later*
Joan seemed overly excited as she danced and sang loudly to Anne Marie's birthday song.

"I'ma do what I like, I'ma eat what I like"  Joan sang along as she dressed up for class

"Yes, it's your birthday. Why are you so overhyped this year?" Rose asked

"I know it's just a birthday but it's different this time. This is my first birthday with Gabriel you know" she replied as she smiled broadly

"Can you please add the Professor to it when you call his name? Hearing you call him that still sounds weird to me, I can't get used to it"

"You better do"

"Will he be coming tonight for your birthday dinner?"

"Of course, he wouldn't miss it for anything."

"That's nice, can't wait to see his gift for you"

"I can't wait too, I keep imagining what the gift will be"

"Who else will be there?"

"It's just the four of us. Me you him and Greg. I'd rather just keep it small like that this year"

"That sounds perfect. I don't  have to run into people I hardly talk to and pretend like we are friends, holding awkward conversation"

"What time will you be leaving for your Grandma's place?"

"Hmm that will be when we are done with your birthday dinner. I booked the night train already"

"Mmmh okay"

"What about you? Will you be coming back to the hostel?"

"Me?" Joan said with a sly smile

"What? Don't tell me... you are spending the night at his place?"

"Yes"

"Oh my God, you bad girl. Don't forget to wear the sexy lingerie I got you" Rose said as she winked

"Oh God, I don't even know if you are really a nerd Rose. I can only imagine what goes on in your head"

"You are the one who tagged me a nerd cause I force you to do your assignments on time I never said I was one"

"Now I see"

"What does my schedule look like today?"
I asked Greg as we drove to the campus. It had been two months since I started working as a Professor in the university and a month since I started seeing Joan. She was everything to me, never did I imagine that I would fall so deeply and care so much for a woman like I did Joan, but I was happy with her. I had made the right choice.

"You only have a meeting with the underbosses. I cleared the other activities like you asked"

"Okay, the meeting should end before evening. I should be able to get Joan's gift and make it for her party early. Did you order the cake?"

"Yes boss"

"It's her first birthday with me. What kind of gift do you think she might like?"

"Hmmm, anything girly l guess?"

"Why do I even bother? I'm asking a grown ass man who has never had a single woman in his life about what women like?"

"Until weeks ago, we were in the same boat boss."

"But I'm not anymore. I left you in that boat already"

"Are you showing off? I can get a woman too if I want"