THE END

Joan's sleepless night finally found its end when a sharp beep jolted her awake. She had counted down the hours until dawn, her heart gripped by the relentless worry for Kelvin's safety. Her longing for the universe to shield him and bring him home filled her every thought.

With a racing mind, she approached the door, her steps echoing her escalating anxiety. Without hesitation, her trembling hand pressed the button, a silent plea for her lover's return.
As the door slowly slid open, Joan's face was painted with a hopeful smile, her relief tangible. However, that hope shattered instantly as the empty space before her betrayed the absence of Kelvin.

"Michael?" Her voice quivered, strained by a desperate attempt to hold onto her composure. "Where... where's Kelvin?"

A solemn reply from Michael hung heavy in the air, like a storm cloud ready to break. "I'm sorry, madam."

The weight of those words pressed upon Joan, crushing her fragile hope. Tears welled up, threatening to spill over. "Sorry about what? What are you sorry for?"

Michael, his voice trembling, delivered the final blow. "Boss didn't come back with us."

Joan's hand covered her mouth, a futile attempt to hold back the overwhelming tide of emotions. Slowly, she sank to the floor, her gaze lost in the empty space before her, as if searching for answers in the void.

Joan's voice trembled as she asked, "Where is he? Did you come back with his..." Her voice trailed off, the unspoken word heavy in the air.

"We scoured every corner, but he's like a ghost, vanished without a trace," Michael replied, frustration etched on his face.

Joan, with a glimmer of hope, rose from her seat. "He must be out there, alive," she muttered more to herself than anyone else.
"I'll search for him. He's waiting for us," she declared, determination igniting in her eyes.

But Michael blocked her path, remembering his orders. "Boss told me to protect you and Willow. It's not safe out there. Arturo and his men..." His voice trailed off, emphasizing the danger.

Joan's anger flared, desperation overriding reason. "Do I look like I care right now? Move!" She struggled against Michael's restraining grip.

"I'll send more men to find him. We'll bring him back, I promise," Michael reassured her, his voice filled with determination.

Joan, now on the floor, wept bitterly. "I warned him, begged him to quit, but he wouldn't listen." Her tears spoke of a deeper sorrow than words ever could.

"Madam, you have to find your strength for Willow. If she wakes up to see you like this, it'll only worry her," Michael urged, his voice filled with concern.

Tears welled up in Joan's eyes as she contemplated a desperate plea. "I could go and beg Arturo, offer myself instead," she whispered, her voice heavy with sorrow. The mere thought of never seeing Kelvin again pierced her heart.

But then, a voice broke the heavy silence from behind.
"No one is offering anything"

They all turned to see who it was.

"Kelvin! Boss!" they exclaimed in unison.
Joan rushed into Kelvin's arms, tears flowing freely. "I thought I'd never see you again."

"I told you I'd come back for you. When have I ever broken a promise?" I reassured her.

Concerned, Michael pointed out, "Boss, you're injured!" He rushed towards Kelvin.

Joan reluctantly pulled away from the hug to assess Kelvin's condition. "Oh my God, you're bleeding! Michael, hurry and get the first aid kit."