Chapter 77: Engraving Terror

"So, did Vine say anything about the supplies that she promised us?"

A female demon with short white hair and slanted red eyes said while tapping her fingers on the table with an impatient expression on her face. She wore a sharp suit just many of the demons sitting in higher positions while unlike the rest of the demons, in place of her demon horns are large antlers of a dear, and behind her back are large demonic wings. Making the rest of the demons around the table show a difficult expression on their faces.

"... We currently have no contact with Vine for the last month. From what we heard, Lucifer sent several soldiers to her estate and suppressed her momentarily, but they are at a standstill because both sides didn't want to make the first move. They are now in a tight spot and is in no condition to send supplies to her allies"

One of them said, causing the demon to grit her teeth in frustration before her eyes shone red, causing a grey cloud to appear above the demon who answered her. Making the demon panic before trying to run away but was far too late as a powerful thunder strike came down on her body. Killing her in an instant as her body turned to char because of the attack.

"F-Furfur-sama, please calm yourself!"

The other advised in a panic as they bowed their heads in front of her. Making her click her tongue in annoyance before standing up from her seat. 

"Clean up this mess and contact the other noble houses allied to us. We need those supplies to launch an attack on one of Lucifer's bases in our territory. That place has a lot of grimoires, ammunition,  and weapons that can help us defend ourselves if Lucifer starts making a move on us. So don't mess this up if you don't want to end up like her"

She said in a dark and cold tone, causing the remaining demons at the table to nervously nod their heads in response. Obediently listening to her orders as they were afraid to incur her wrath. Making Furfur scoff in response after seeing how spineless her subordinates are. 

"Useless"

She said in an angry tone before walking out of the room. Making the demons inside let out a sigh of relief as the suffocating atmosphere from before disappeared.

"She's finally gone..."

One of them said while wiping the sweat off her head. Trying to dissipate the fear she was feeling when she saw how one of them was killed without hesitation. Making her hands tremble while looking in the direction of the door.

"This is bad... The other noble houses wouldn't just send supplies because she wanted to. They all are still rulers of their own territories and Lucifer blocked off all available trade routes to all noble houses under investigation... Furfur-sama's going to fucking kill us if she finds out about this"

One of them said, causing a suffocating silence to spread across the room as they all had grave expressions on their faces. If they really did fail this task then she wouldn't let them off that easily. At worst she would kill a few of them to vent out her anger. Making them shiver in fear as they imagined the worst-case scenario, causing them to become desperate to find a way to fix this.

"Each of us will try to contact all available allies that we have, surely at least one or two of them would be willing to send some supplies, right?"

"It's better to try than just give up. I still have a daughter waiting for me at home. I can't die now"

They muttered before complete darkness engulfed the entire room. Making all of them stand up in shock and wary while looking around the dark room.

"Wha-"

One of them tried to shout but was stopped by a hand that covered her face with a handkerchief doused in some kind of liquified sleeping drugs. Knocking her unconscious before she was pulled in the shadows by an unknown figure.