Entrapped

24 hours after the dinner, it was just you and Bucky left on your floor of the compound. The rest of the team had gone to Peru to check out this possibly active Hydra base, and seeing as there were no Avengers left to make weapons and suits for, you were bored as hell.

The good part was that you could now wander the entire floor with a bit more freedom.

The bad news was that the 'bit more freedom' involved Bucky following you at a distance.

Instead of him walking beside you, he now stood a few metres away. If you were rifling through the kitchen cupboards, he'd stare through the archway at you from the dining room. If you went to the gym, he would just watch. He barely ever said anything. He barely even touched you. A stark contrast to how he'd been previously. And while you definitely weren't going to jump back into bed with him, the lack of conversation was getting more and more obvious.

It was kind of driving you crazy.

A small part of you had gotten accustomed to the dynamic, to the back and forth, to the verbal jabs and petty little remarks. A small part of you missed it. A larger part missed the feel of his hands on you. You had to keep pushing that part out of your brain.

Over the next couple of days, you found yourself trying to get him to crack. It spiralled from the first time you noticed him keeping your distance, when you'd shout at him from across the room. Childish things, little insults, to see if he'd respond. He never did. He just kept that signature glare on his face, his arms folded over his chest, making his muscles bulge out of his top.

Since then, you've tried different methods. Standing right in front of him, screaming in his ear, throwing your grapes at him. Nothing worked. He would just frown at you, saying nothing, then escort you back to the lab.

You wondered if you did something. Whether something had changed. He was interacting with you at the team dinner. Being an asshole, sure, but at least he was interacting.

You wondered why you cared.

Today, it was 3 days into the Peru mission, and you actually felt like you were going crazy with only FRIDAY to talk to. You decided to really push it today, to finally make Bucky crack and have a conversation with someone human for once. Well, mostly human.

You exited the lab, humming happily to yourself as Bucky stood in the same spot as always on the other side of the door. You just smiled sweetly at him and veered off to the left, away from the kitchen, and towards the bedrooms. You felt him following you after a couple of seconds.

You passed a few doors on your way, touching each door handle, feeling if they were locked, and moving onto the next. The one you were looking for was unlocked, and that was your target.

You finally found it. You peeked behind you to see him a few metres away, his eyes narrowed, as if daring you to push the handle.

You pushed the handle.

Before the door could swing open fully, a large hand grabbed your arm and spun you around.

"What do you think you're doing?" He growled.

"Oh, it speaks." You teased. He didn't reply. Oozing with intensity as his eyes bore into yours. "Fancied a change of environment."

"Not my room."

"Well then you should have locked it." You retorted, whipping your arm out of his grasp and rushing back until you were in his room.

You turned around, taking in the surroundings. He had kept his room pretty basic. Neutral colours with some darker accents, a plain bed, a couple of shelves overflowing with books, a desk with a Stark laptop, a door to the side leading to the bathroom. Pretty standard. He hadn't made it 'his' very much.