Valentines Day. 1/1

Author Notes: Happy Valentines Day (or early depending on which side of the world you're in or when you're reading this).  Please feel free to send requests for oneshots and mini-fics here! <3 

Jeon Jungkook's attraction for her started when he was sixteen. It's a bright Sunday and the other boys at church are playing soccer at the back of the church as the parents gather for a post-service lunch. Slowly, one by one the boys begin to leave the field until it was just him alone. His mother always was the last to finish, making sure to talk with every single member of the church and doing everything she could to help with pack up at the end of the service. It's almost 2pm and he turns to see his mother talking to another girl who looked around his age—short hair, a guitar on her back. He'd never seen her before.

"Jungkook," his mother calls out and he makes his way to the front of the church, his eyes somehow focused on the unknown girl as though there were some sort of magnetic that made it impossible for him to look away, "... meet Chaeyoung. She just moved here from Melbourne, she's a trainee too."

He watches as she bows a full 90 degrees and something about the way her hair moves with the wind, and the shine of the sun creating a sheen of gloss across her forehead is so... alluring.

"I'm Chaeyoung," her voice is sweet like honey, a lot different to the other girls in his class.

He must have been dazed by her tantalizingly sweet voice, because he feels his mother hit him from the side, pulling him to reality.

"Jungkook," he finally manages to blurt out, "... did your family just move?"

She shakes her head and explains about how her parents went back to Melbourne after dropping her off at the dorm, but how she'll be spending weekends with her auntie. He begins to talk more with her, which is unlike him since he's usually quite shy around girls, especially with his mother watching a mere meter away, but how could he not when it felt so... natural. Jeon Jungkook asks a about the guitar on her back and he swears the blush across her cheeks and smile that follows is the sweetest thing he's ever seen. By the end of the conversation, she promises to teach him someday.

He holds onto the promise.

His mother doesn't know what's gotten into her son who's suddenly displaying an act of boldness.

-

Their story continues a few years later because not long after he made a promise, he'd debuted and didn't have time to go to the same Sunday service as his mother. He found himself wondering about her often, but couldn't find it in him to let go of his pride and ask his mother for her number. But he kept updated, unintentionally at least—his mother was very found of the sweet girl who joined the adults worship team and came to rehearsal an hour early every week and told him how she now had a new friend to help pack up at the end of the service. One time, Jungkook's mother tells him that she invited Park Chaeyoung for dinner, but with the schedule conflict, he cancelled last minute.

He hopes he hadn't left a bad impression.

They find each other backstage where Park Chaeyoung is preparing for her special stage and his members are wishing everyone luck before they get moved to their seats. She's talking to his group mates very naturally and effortlessly, which is not surprising because he remembers how easy their conversation felt all those years ago. Even though she's relatively new, he knows that she's earning a lot of respect.

"It's good to see you again, Jungkook," she turns to him with a smile, "... your mother says a lot of good things about you, she's really proud."

Why does it feel like his heart is ready to burst?