Long Distance. 4/4

Park Chaeyoung admits that it was getting increasingly difficult for her to manage her time between work and her boyfriend.

His schedule was a volatile as hers (if not more) and between trying to find time to even call, was the constant fatigue and tiredness that flying left her in. It wasn't necessarily that he was the cause for her discomfort with her job, but more so, that he helped her realise that there was more to life than just work and money.

There were friends, and many of them too. She'd met his closest group mates and some of his friends from Korea.

There also was a social life, one where drinking and music was not just for passengers but a time where she could let down her hair and enjoy herself for the night.

And there was this sense of loneliness that always followed her when she was far from him.

All these things had been neglected temporarily by the flashiness of her job—fancy hotels, beautiful cities and uniform that was to die for.

She was good at her job (even at the mention of possibly taking a break, she was offered an increased pay and promotion) but she knew that more than that, life was short and if she was meant to spend her entire life in the air, she'll miss out on the beautiful things in life.

It's a week before Christmas and Park Chaeyoung meets him in Korea (knowing that she cannot take the actual holidays off because it's peak season for travel) and she lays against his arm, lazily staring at the television that was playing a movie she couldn't quite remember.

"It's getting harder isn't it?" His voice is low, almost as though he'd rehearsed it, knowing where things were going.

It is. Too hard.

She simply sighs, nodding before turning her head slowly and looking to him, "... I suppose I'm not getting any younger."

He chuckles, shaking his head before leaning in and kissing the tip of her nose, "... not that. But the holidays without you? That already sounds like torture."

She shuffles herself off him, noticing the way his lips pout at the sudden lost of contact before she sits properly against the couch, legs crossed casually.

"Should I leave my job?"

Five words.

She watches as he scrunches his brows in confusion before shaking his head.

"I'm not asking that of you at all, babe—"

"I've been thinking about it a lot," she tells him, "... I wouldn't mind. I just—don't know where I'll go, since I've been in cabin since I was barely seventeen. I'm worried I'm too old to suddenly jump at a new career."

"You're not too old, honey, you're barely 28," he reminds her, "... and as much as I love that you're willing to give it all away for me—I've been thinking too. My contract with the agency is actually nearing to an end. What if I don't extend it? I can travel with you—we can see the world together."

"I'll never make you choose between your passion for music and lov—"

"You won't be, I want this. I think about how you've always been there for me—when I was sick, when I was fake dating someone, when I lost my temper and every time I reach a new goal—I just think about how that felt like a sacrifice where I lose time with you," he tells her, "... I'm serious about you, and about us."

"Jungkook," her voice is soft, "... I'm serious about you—and us, too. But I think it's time for me to let go of my time in the air, I want to have my twenties—at least what's left of it. I have no personal life when I'm working. Well—had none, but now I have you."