Fake Love. 6/10

uwu guys i just got home to 50+ notifications about y'all being angry at jungkook hehehe i'm sorry!! but please don't give up on him!! can't help but have muse after all the comments, let's go a step closer to jungkook being a better man!! petition for jungkook to have amnesia and just learn to be a decent human being!! also my calculations is quite wrong so there may be a small chance for either two or three bonus chapters after the tenth, hope that's okay!

The next week in the office is complete torture not only for the staff, but for Min Yoongi especially who must attend meetings with him almost daily. Jeon Jungkook is particularly sensitive has reached a new record when he threatens to fire eight staff in one day for what honestly are tiny mistakes. The boys all decide that an intervention is needed, especially when he almost throws a vase at Park Jimin. Given that it was Min Yoongi and Irene's wedding anniversary coming up, they decide to host a small get together, and as per planned, Irene invites Chaeyoung.

Thankfully, she agrees.

Though Jeon Jungkook does not know.

He wonders why the hell his friends were being extra annoying, forcing him to attend the gathering knowing well that he was not in the mood nor cared for celebrating what he considered "futile milestones" but the appeal of alcohol and Kim Seokjin offering to drive is apparently almost enough to make him a little tolerable. He's already a little tipsy when they get to the dinner and it doesn't help when he sees Kim Chungha, her body wrapped around by her fiancé on the other side of the table. Meanwhile, there's a spare seat next time him.

Should he ask her to come?

No, he can't swallow his pride like that.

Dread already fills his system as eyes lock together, before suddenly, she moves and makes her way over to him.

"Hi Jungkook, where's Chaeyoung?" Kim Chungha questions, "... it's so nice of Yoongi and Irene to set a get together isn't it?"

He takes a deep breath, mouth opening to speak before he feels a tap across his shoulder.

"Babe, I'm sorry I'm late."

He turns to see her, wearing the short dress he'd gotten her for their first gathering (and to be honest, he didn't care that it was the second time his ex would see her wearing that in a row) with her hair tied up. She looked angelic, if he were honest.

And maybe in a sense, she was an angel, saving him from his misery.

He gets up from his seat and wraps his arms around her, whispering a soft "thank you" against her cheek just loud enough for her to hear, before pushing her seat back.

It suddenly felt natural—to treat her with a sense of delicacy.

"Are you hungry? I haven't ordered yet," he tells her and she shakes her head, "... let's order food together."

She nods.

For a moment, he forgets that he ex was right there until she suddenly clears her throat and excuses herself.

"Thank you, for coming," he tells her, "... and I'm sorry. About everything."

"You should've told me that you had something on today, Irene and Yoongi are my friend too," her voice is soft, "... I hope this is okay, you didn't get me any clothes prepared."

He grabs his blazer which was hanging on his chair, and uses it to cover her lap, "... you don't need to wear something short next time. Anything is fine—you, y-you look good in anything."