Prohibited Romance. 1/3

as requested by the lovely @sunrose211, an au where park chaeyoung is a hotshot lawyer and jeon jungkook is her brother's best friend. hope you like it! <3 

Jeon Jungkook does not believe in love at first sight.

That was, until he met Park Chaeyoung.

He used to laugh at all his friends who'd fawn over girls in high school and throughout his university days but from the moment he laid eyes on her, he couldn't help but believe that it was fate.

Jeon Jungkook is a meticulous planner and always had been growing up, but by the twist of luck it appeared as though suddenly, nothing in his life was certain and in that, he met her. She was the only certain he needed, he believes.

To begin, Jeon Jungkook knows that he wishes to be a doctor, more specifically with specialty in neurology. His best friend Park Jimin did too and they had been attached to the hip since the beginning of high school. So when his best friend decides to apply for an internship overseas, he does too. They had it all planned out—to study in Spain for six months through the internship program, sharing a room together and working their asses off until graduation before going to pursue the PhD before settling down in Seoul. They had everything plan and even gotten their acceptance letters on the exact same day.

Except, Jeon Jungkook applied for the Melbourne campus.

Park Jimin could see the panic in his best friends eyes and while he knew that Jeon Jungkook was perfectly capable of studying abroad and doing practice in a foreign country alone, he could see that he was uncomfortable with the fact that it was outside his plan. One night the pair sit down in his apartment and the younger man tells him, "... I think I'll reject it."

Park Jimin cannot let him throw such a great opportunity away and so, he thinks of a great idea. After a long phone call in the other room, he returns with a bright smile across his lips.

"You owe me big time," the older male tells him.

Jeon Jungkook raises his brow in confusion.

"My sister's in Melbourne," he tells her, "... she recently moved into a really nice penthouse close to her firm. She said you can stay in the spare room for six months and she can help however you need."

"Since when did you have a sister?" He raises a brow, wondering how his friend for over a decade can hide such primal information.

"Step sister," he informs him, "... but one thing, Kook."

"Yes?"

"You better not fucking date her," he informs him, causing for Jeon Jungkook to erupt in laughter, "... I'm serious."

"Yeah, yeah," he dismisses, "... don't worry I'm not interested in that kind of stuff."

"Promise me," he forces him.

"Park Jimin, I've literally never fallen in love ever and my first time will definitely not be with someone that looks like you," he rolls his eyes, "... no offence."

But boy, was he wrong.

Three months later, he's standing in the airport looking at the most gorgeous woman in the world who offers a smile and asks whether he needs help with his bag. He wonders how someone so beautiful can be related to his best friend (even if it was only partly related).

I will be a gentleman!

He shakes his head and holds his luggage firmly.

"How was the ride?" She makes accented small talk in Korean which he finds unbelievably cute, "... Jimin told me you're more comfortable in Korean, sorry my language skills aren't perfect."