Twisted Games. 2/5

Park Chaeyoung wonders why out of all the men in the world, her best friend had to fall for him. She isn't really fond on the idea of relationships or men in general (she thinks they're overly rated and are all the same behind closed doors) but surely, out of almost eight billion people in the world, there's be someone else but him. Perhaps it's her karma or the way the world is telling her to leave the idol life and start fresh somewhere new.

Park Chaeyoung hates it.

She hates him. The idea of seeing him more due to his connection with her best friend was adding more torture to the fact that she had to see him often backstage and/or in award shows.

She really, really despises him. And she's absolutely horrible at hiding it.

Somehow, as though God were really wanting to prove that he life was a comedy club, she finds herself sitting across from two love birds (Kim Jisoo and Kim Taehyung) and beside two soon-to-be love birds. Her expression, hell even her aura oozed of distaste and annoyance at the fancy dinner in the secluded part of town. Park Chaeyoung doesn't speak to anyone the entire time outside of saying her hello and asking for the others to pass the free bread to her, and it seemed as though everyone felt that just like her, they were walking on egg shells.

Once her plate is cleaned she puts down her cutlery and clears her throat, "... I think I'll go home now."

"Chaeyoung!" Kim Jisoo is throwing daggers at her with her eyes, obviously irritated at the behaviour of her fellow group member, "... we haven't even had dessert. You are not going anywhere."

Park Chaeyoung loves sweets but she absolutely loathes the idea of sitting down for another half an hour (and most likely more for post food adventure activities) and will sacrifice her own appetite to get out of here. Besides, he knows too that the group will have a lot more fun without her. The atmosphere was tense with her there, and Kim Namjoon lowkey looked like he was worried she'd start a fight halfway through.

"I'm feeling unwell," she lies, praying to God that the others won't be reasonable and understand how uncomfortable it is for her to be there, "... it's best if I go home and rest."

"I'll take you," a familiar voice does hesitate to interrupt, "... what if you get sick on the way? It's dangerous."

Park Chaeyoung can feel all eyes on her and more importantly, she can see the pain in her friends eyes. Damn it why the hell are you trying to be a saviour, Jungkook!

"Oh no, I don't want to hassle you," she nervously comments clearing her throat once again, "... please enjoy dessert freely without me."

"It's best if you don't go alone," Kim Namjoon agrees, "... Jungkook should take you back, he drives safely unlike some people."

The older male glares at Park Jimin who shrugs his shoulders and holds his hands out, "... it one literally one time!"

"Agree, and I also am on a diet so I can't have sweets," he notifies her, "... and I have an appointment early tomorrow so I should head back early anyway."

"It's settled then," Kim Jisoo decides, "... Jungkook please drive slowly, in case she gets more sick."

He nods as he gets up from his seat, reaching for his coat, "... I'll go under the speed limit. I guess we should head out now."

Park Chaeyoung thinks that she's really, really screwed.

-

The car ride is silent and even the sound of the radio playing in the background isn't enough to break the tension.