Only Pretend. EPILOGUE

Don't mind me, I suddenly re-read only pretend and suddenly got the feels  >.<

-

His wounds healed fast in the two years he spent in hiding, but the ache of his heart was something that felt heavier than the injuries he sustained from the explosion. Watching her on television, dedicating Korean-inspired designs for him. He was proud, watching as she spoke about him with pride and love even when he had died (or at least appeared to be dead). 

He can't help but stare in awe, a wide smile across his lips as he sits on the couch of their home in Australia, as she has her brows furrowed, trying to make last-minute alterations to a new suit she was making. 

"I can feel you staring," she comments with a small pout, one that makes him gulp, "... it's distracting me." 

"How can you tell?" Jeon Jungkook gets up and walks towards her, standing behind her as he wraps his arms around her chest and shoulders, holding her tight as he leaves small kisses on her neck, "... why can't I stare? You're my wife after all." 

He can't help but smile, watching as her face turns completely pink in response before she turns and looks at him, "... you make me so nervous, Jungkook. I really thought I would die from the pain of not having you in my life."

By instinct, Jeon Jungkook frowns. 

Guilt washes over him as he remembers the sinking feeling in his stomach as he saw her often teary in interviews talking about him. There were many times when he broke protocol and yelled at the soldiers guarding him, telling them that he needed to be there for her. 

"I'm sorry, baby, I'm really sorry that you had to wait so long..." he hugs her tight, feeling her head resting against his chest this time, "... it broke me too, to see you talking about me, and the sadness in your eyes." 

"You won't leave me again right?" She looks up at him, "... I can't let you leave, I could never handle that kind of pain ever again, Jungkook. My heart wouldn't be able to handle it." 

Jeon Jungkook nods, bringing his fingers to her chest and lifting her chin slightly before planting a gentle kiss on her lips.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not without you at least." 

-

Park Chaeyoung feels safe around him. 

The nightmares quickly stopped, although for a few nights, she'd wake up suddenly with tears in her eyes and with the warms of his body cuddled over her. 

"I'm not going anywhere, darling," he'd whisper each time, slowly cooing her back to sleep. 

She wonders, how he knew that her nightmares were about losing him. 

Until he tells her one day in passing. 

"You know, when I saw Taehyung was wearing one of your pieces, I almost lost it," he sheepishly recollects, "... I almost  blew the cover and was so sure I'd break out of hiding just to keep you away from him." 

She giggles, "... so you were jealous?" 

For the time that they were together, she never took him as a jealous type. 

"Of him? Fuck no," he curses confidently, "... but I was worried he'd take advantage of the vulnerable state you were in, I couldn't let that happen. Every day I had fears of losing you forever, but not to that fucker. But to actual good men... they're out there and you're the most gorgeous, intelligent and funny woman out there." 

Her cheeks heat up at the comment, "... it was always only ever going to be you, even when I thought you were dead... I was going to be single, if it's not with you."

"I'm glad," he smiles, kissing her on the forehead, "... but even if you had moved on, I would understand. The war was dragged on for too long, it would be cruel for me to expect you to wait. But every day, I was already rehearsing in my head what to do if you fell for someone else. And those thoughts consumed me a lot like a living hell, knowing I wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it."

-

Jeon Jungkook feels content with life. It was their one year anniversary (well technically 3 years) and he'd spent a lot of time talking with Lisa on the perfect ring. They'd gotten small rings the first time he'd come to Australia, and while it made him happy to see that it was still wrapped on her finger three years later, he thought it was time to treat her to something more. 

Jeon Jungkook is thankful that they started as a pretend couple, but that now they were paving their own destiny. He takes out a small gift box from his pocket, handing it to her. 

"Happy first year anniversary, my love," he tells her, "... although technically, we've been married for a few years longer."

She giggles, producing an ethereal sound that he swears he could listen to all day if he could as she opens it, mouth dropping in complete shock as she sees the size of the ring.

"Babe, you really shouldn't have!" She squeals in excitement, tears in her eyes, "... I love it, thank you."

He helps her take off her old ring, before putting the new one on.

"Thank you for loving me," he tells her, "... I must've been a martyr in my past life because I don't even know how I could get a wife as perfect as you. You make me so happy and you helped me so much, help me build my life here in Australia and let me pursue my dreams. I love you, so much."

He looks down, seeing that her fingers were shaking. 

Jeon Jungkook chuckles, "... your shaking babe." 

"Well," she wipes the tears off her cheeks before reaching for her handbag, taking out a small box, "... I prepared something for you too." 

Jeon Jungkook thinks that nothing in the box could make him happier than he already is. 

But he's proved wrong when he opens it and sees a positive pregnancy test.